Chapter 2: Death?

Aira exited the school alone. She walked along the street sidewalk as she plugged her earphone in her ears, listening to some pop music to help her overcome how disappointed she is towards her boyfriend, Luhan.

Aira just continue walking. She doesn’t care about her surroundings.

Just after a split second, a car running beyond speed limit was on Aira’s way.

Due to the music in her ears, she doesn’t care about what’s happenning around her.

The car gets closer and closer, with Aira not knowing what will happen to her.

But to her surprise, she was saved by a stranger. The stranger took her by the waist and safely trapped her in his arms.

The car still didn’t stop and uncontrollably run away.

Aira’s eyes widened in surprise. Her heart was beating fast, not because of the stranger hugging her in his arms, but the fact that she would have been dead if that car hit her. She was damn nervous and scared.

The stranger let go of her and Aira lifted her head up to see the stranger who saved her. “Ahh.. T-Thank you for saving me, sir.” She said shyly, bowing down to the man in front of her. Aira looked at the man again and she thinks she met this man before. He’s familiar. Very familiar. She thought.

The stranger is tall and skinny. He looks quite young too. His features are sharp and cold yet he’s a very handsome man. His complexion is a bit pale but it suits the guy. As of this moment, the stranger is wearing a formal attire; a formal suit only businessman nor a doctor wears.

“You shouldn’t listen to music while walking in a busy street. You might die even without knowing it.” The guy lectured, in a nonchalant voice.

“Ah. Yes, sir. I’ll keep that in mind.” Aira answered, looking at the ground.

Without any respond, Aira heard the man’s footsteps walking away. She didn’t even try knowing his name, since she found that guy, quite terrifying. A single ‘Thank you’ would be enough. She thought.

Aira just continue walking until she reached her humble abode, as if nothing happened.

That guy really looks familiar. I wonder... where I met him? I’m sure I met him before. I know it! She thought, then sighed.

When she arrived home, she quickly entered it when she heard an unusual noise inside.

“Chanyeol oppa? Baekhyun oppa? You there?” Aira asked as she removed her shoes and entered.

“My daughter! I missed you so much!” A lady in her late 30’s greeted Aira then hugged her.

“Mom? Mom! You’re here!” Aira said happily as she hugged her mother. Her mom pulled away in their hug to take a closer look of their princess’ face. She carressed her daughter’s cheeks as she almost tear up. “I really miss you.”

“Me too, Mom. I miss you so much. You stayed in Japan for almost 2 years without even sending mail or video chats.” She pouted.

“Sorry, princess. Me and your Daddy were just really busy with all the business meeting and stuffs.” Her mom said, sighing after the last word.

“It’s okay. As long as you’re here, I’m happy. Anyway, where’s Daddy?” Aira asked, as she scanned the surroundings.

“Oh. He’s upstairs with your bros.” She smiled. “Let’s go check up on them.”