Chapter 12: That smile

Aira’s P.O.V.

Rubbing my eye, I went to the kitchen to fetch myself some food.

I looked around the house and noticed, I was completely alone after my vision became clearer. I walked over the fridge to see a yellow note stuck on the door of the fridge. Only two words was written.

Park Chanyeol.

As I read those words, I already what that note means. It means, I need to go to the hospital to see Chanyeol oppa. Sehun is just pretty lazy writing many words. →_→

Immediately and as fast as I can, I eat my dinner, take a shower and get dressed.

****

I’m on my way to the hospital and glanced at the road filled with not moving cars. Traffic.

So, I decided to just walk my way to the hospital even if it’s quite far. Just quite. I do hope I’ll get there not sweaty and icky! Good thing, I’m wearing my low-cut sneakers and it’ll be a comfortable walk for me.

Once I started walking and finally blocks away from home, I passed by at some music shop where I saw a guitar with the same color of Chanyeol oppa’s old guitar. I stared at it for a while before I entered the shop and with no doubts, I bought the guitar.

I instinctively smile as I thought of the guitar. Chanyeol oppa will surely love this one! When I finally entered the building, I immediately walked to the elevator and went inside it and got out after the elevator made a ‘ting’ sound.

As I was just steps near Chanyeol oppa’s ward, I noticed that Sehun nor Dr. Joonmyeon was there. I wonder where are they? Without knocking, I went inside the ward.

I saw and heard Baekhyun oppa, who’s sitting on a stool next to Chanyeol oppa’s bed as he hummed a sweet song for Chanyeol oppa while the latter, who’s sitting on the bed, just listens intently to Baekhyun oppa. Baekhyun oppa stopped humming and they both turned their heads to me.

“Hi.” I waved at them timidly as I approached them.

“Aira..” Chanyeol oppa said weakly. Is he sick? “Chanyeollie misses you.”

“Ohh.” That’s all I managed to say but deep inside, I want to tell him how I miss him too. I took the empty stool at the corner first before I placed it beside Chanyeol oppa’s bed and sat on it. “So, how are you?” I asked.

“Just worse.” He sighed. “Chanyeollie just want to get out of here. Chanyeollie wants to be with Baekhyunnie and Aira.” I glanced at Baekhyun oppa and he looked as sad as my brother. Baekhyun oppa held the giant’s hand, giving him comfort. “I.. I need a cure..” He said, losing hope.

From the bag, I swiftly took the guitar and placed it on my lap. “This will be your first cure.” I said, smiling at Chanyeol oppa and nodding at Baekhyun oppa.

I start playing some chords repeatedly and when Baekhyun oppa noticed the song I was playing, he smiled and started singing.

I do believe all the love you give
All of the things you do
Love you love you~
I’ll keep you safe, don’t you worry
I wouldn’t leave, wanna keep you near Cause i feel the same way too
Love you love you~

This is the first song, Chanyeol oppa taught me and hearing this song sung by Baekhyun oppa brings so much memories.

P
Want you to know that i’m with you
I will love you and love you and love you Gonna hold you and hold you and squeeze you
I will please you for all times
I don’t wanna lose you and lose you and lose you
Cause I need you, I need you, I need you
So I want you to be my lady
You’ve got to understand my love
You are beautiful beautiful beautiful beautiful beautiful beautiful girl

Once the song was finished, Chanyeol oppa stared at me strangely.

“Are you really not our Aira?” He asked, teary-eyed.

“No, I’m not..” I bit my lip. “..but I wish I am.” I smiled a little.

“Why are you so similar to her?” He stood up and kneeled in front of me as he slowly lifted his long arms and caressed my cheeks. “This song.. I taught her this..”

“Coincidence, huh?” I smiled a little. “But let me tell you something.” I placed the guitar inside its bag first and on the floor after. “You once told us that your sister died in an accident, right?”

“Aira!” Baekhyun oppa, yelled which made me glanced at him. “Don’t convince him that. He needs to forget that, not to be reminded of.”

“Trust me, Baek.” I smiled at him then back to Chanyeol oppa. “How can she be me if she’s dead? And maybe she’s real and alive.. but do you think she’ll be happy seeing you like this? Do you think she’ll be overjoy to see you suffering in a place like this?” I stared deeply in Chanyeol oppa’s dark eyes. “I don’t think she will.” I held Chanyeol oppa’s hands on my cheeks and said. “You’ve got to move on, Yeol and that’s the only cure. Think about Baekhyun. He doesn’t like seeing you like this. Think for yourself. Didn’t you tell me that you no longer what to stay in a place like this?” He nodded his head slowly. “So, let go of the past and embrace the present. That’s the only way to get out of this sick place.” I panted as I talked nonstop. “Believe me, Chanyeol. Please..” I proceeded talking and for sure, any minute, tears will escape my eyes. “I’m here. You told me, we’re similar, aren’t we? So what’s the difference? I can be your sister. I can be anyone you want me to be.” I added, almost crying.

Chanyeol stared at me, slowly retrieving his hands from my cheeks. Baekhyun stood up from his seat and approached me. “Aira, stop.” Baekhyun said, picking up the guitar on the floor and gave it to me. “You tried too much. Stop already. Leave the rest to the doctors.” He helped me stood up from my seat and lead me to the door. “Come on, let’s get out of here.” I glanced at Chanyeol who looks so fragile is now sitting on the bed.

The moment we both got out from the ward, we saw Sehun and that Nurse Minseok on our way.

“Did something happen inside?” Minseok asked, worriedly.

Baekhyun was about to answer but I quickly shook my head and flashed them my fragile smile.

“You don’t look okay though.” Sehun said, looking at me with that unreadable facial expression of his. “Come on, I’ll take you home.” He said in a monotonous tone, placing his hand on my hand and swiftly exited the scene without a proper goodbye to those two.

He opened the car door and I got inside, sitting on the passenger’s seat while he sat on the driver’s seat. He started his engine and the car lurched forward.

All through the ride, all I could hear is my sniffing nose. I looked through the car window to see the traffic. AISH.

“SHIT!” Sehun cursed as he saw the traffic. “Now, how will I take you home? Damn traffic!” He hit his steering wheel.

“Calm down, Sehun.” I said as I hold his wrist. “Okay?”

“How can I calm down if I see you like this? Didn’t I tell you to be strong?” Sehun asked, looking at me.

“Did you just care about me?” I asked him oddly.

“Yes, I did.” Sehun answered. “Endure this a little more longer and your brother will be fine.”

I smiled. “Aren’t you so kind?” I teased him and he smirked. I quickly picked the guitar up and unwrapped it. “I was about to give this to oppa but I don’t know what happened.” I paused. “But it was a little fun talking to oppa again.” I smiled.

And he looked at me, smiling a little. You can give that to him next time. He smiled again. Sehun smiled?

•••••••••••••••••••••

Owwee, geez! I think the SeRa couple moments are quite less so after the Chanyeol scenes, I’ll make sure to make some sweet moments for them so look forward to it, okay? VOTE, COMMENT and LOVE! ♡♡♡

•×LuHainne