-4 Allura's POV

"Alright now that Blue's fixed we can head to the next possible location." Keith said as we all walked out of the base and towards our Lions. Everyone entered the Lions and got ready for our departure. "What do you have Pidge?" Keith asked. "There's one not too far away from- what the quiznack is that?" Pidge exclaimed. "Pidge, what is it?" I almost yelled. "There's a star giving off very high levels of quintessence. But that's weird because you can't live on stars or anything like that. And to top it off this star is unusual, it's almost nonexistent." Pidge explained. "That seems like bait." Lance said. "I think we should go." Keith said. "Come on man, why do you have to argue with me on everything!" Lance complained. "Lance I'm not arguing I'm simply saying I think we should go." Keith replied.

I opened a private line with Keith (A/N: there's no one in their Lions right now). "Keith is something wrong?" I asked. "Nothing, why do you ask?" Keith replied. "Well on that moon you didn't want me to go because it was suspicious but this star is even more suspicious so why did you say we should go this time?" I said. "It's hard to explain. Anyway Princess, we need to leave." Keith said and I nodded.

~time skip~ Keith's POV

"There's nothing here." Hunk said. "Maybe they're inside." Lance suggested. "I'm just going to set aside the fact that that shouldn't be possible but how are we going to get inside?" Pidge replied. "Maybe you just knock." Lance said. "Lance don't be cra-" Pidge started to say but was cut off by nothing happening to Red when he knocked but instead the star disappeared to reveal a base. "Why is your answer to opening stuff always knocking? And more importantly why does it always work?!" Pidge complained and everyone laughed. (A/N: I find this very amusing :) .)

We raced towards the base but a beam of light shot out against us. I got an idea and turned around to face Shiro (A/N: Shiro came into the Black Lion during the flight). "I know you're not supposed to pilot the Black Lion anymore but I have an idea and I need you to pilot Black for a tick." I pleaded. "Keith-" Shiro started to protest but I gave him a pleading look. "Fine."  He replied and I stood up.

"Shiro get Black as close to the base as possible." I said. "Got it." He replied and Black's large wings activated. Black zoomed in circles to avoid the lasers and then flew up before diving down towards the base. Cosmo teleported us inside the base and Black immediately flew off to avoid getting hit. I raced deeper into the base and so far I hadn't been detected. I took out Romelle's jacket and held it out for Cosmo. "Find the Alteans." I whispered and he sniffed the jacket. He teleported us repeatedly until we were in a dark room. The lights switched on to reveal about twenty Alteans in pods slowly getting the quintessence drawn out of them. "Thank goodness they aren't dead yet, we arrived just in time." I mumbled and struck the power source. The pods opened and they all fell out.

"I totally forgot about the getting out part." I groaned. "I got your back Keith." I heard Allura say through the helmet. "You heard everything?" I questioned. "Yeah you forgot to disconnect the line to me after we talked." Allura explained. "Oh." I sighed. "I'm about to blast a hole through the wall get some cover." She said. "Got it!" I replied and covered all the Alteans. I went over to the computer to check for other locations while Allura got the Alteans into Blue. "Pidge can you hack into this computer?" I asked her when I opened up a line to her. "Yeah I'm on it." Pidge replied. The computer opened and what I saw horrified me. These twenty were the last left, all the others had already been killed. I gulped before setting a bomb down and having Cosmo teleport us inside Blue.

As soon as we got clear the base exploded and we all cheered. "Don't get too exited." I interrupted. "Why not? We just saved our first Alteans!" Allura exclaimed. "First and last. I'm sorry Princess but they already killed the others." I explained. "Oh, well it's better than nothing not too long ago I thought Coran and I were the last Alteans alive." Allura replied with a pained expression and I could tell she was trying not to cry. "The Blade of Marmora is taking out the remaining Galran forces so we can return to Earth." I said. "Looks like we didn't need to build up Earth's defenses after all." Pidge replied. "Well before we can head back to Earth we need to find healing pods for the Alteans so let's head to the Balmera, they have some healing pods now." I said and everyone agreed.

I felt arms wrap around me just as I was about to teleport back to Black. "Princess?" I questioned with a warm feeling in my chest which I didn't know how to describe. "Thank you." She whispered as she was shaking. "For what?" I questioned. "If it weren't for you I never would've found the Alteans. You saved my people. Thank you, thank you so much!" She whimpered. "No need to thank me, I just happened to find them by following the Blades' trail." I said and I felt my shirt getting soaked. "Princess are you crying?" I asked and she didn't respond which meant she was. There was a sharp pain in my chest which I also couldn't describe.

"Shh it's ok." I soothed while rubbing circles on her back. "Keith can you come take back Black?" Shiro's voice said through a brand new line. "I'll be there in a dobash." I said and cut the line again. "Are you ok Princess?" I asked. "I wish you would stop calling me princess." Allura mumbled. "Oh ok." I said with my face getting red. Is something wrong with me? "You ok now?" I asked and she nodded. "I'm sorry Prin- Allura but I have to go now." I said and she released me. "Thank you for this and for everything." She said and I nodded before teleporting off.