-11 Allura's POV

"Krolia! Keith! The Blades are finally calling!" I shouted as I answered the line. "This is Kolivan I've been told to contact here for Voltron." Kolivan said. "Hello Kolivan this is Princess Allura." I replied. "Great, we wanted to warn you that the Galra have not been defeated yet and are actually hosting another Kral Zera. We've placed agents to try and blow up the place which we didn't succeed in last time." He explained. "No don't! We've just found out some crucial information." I replied. "What?" He asked. "Keith's Blood- he's the true heir to the throne." I explained. "I thought the royal family died out." Kolivan replied. "Apparently not. This war will end much faster and with less deaths if Keith becomes emperor." I said. "Agreed but knowing him he probably declined, am I right?" Kolivan replied. "Yes, but we can still have Krolia try they might not be as accepting to her though." I pointed out. "Yes if worse comes to shove we can do that, but you have to try and convince Keith. The crowning ceremony is in 10 quintants." Kolivan said, during his last sentence Krolia and Keith finally arrived. "Got it. Goodbye." I said. "Goodbye Princess." He replied and the line cut.

"Crowning ceremony? I thought I said no." Keith questioned. "No it's not for you they're doing that emperor choosing thing again since Lotor is dead." I explained. "But Keith please, if you don't take the throne who knows what will happen." I pleaded. "Allura." He protested. "Please." I asked again. "For me, the universe, please!" I repeated. "Allura- fine but you need to help me." He gave in and I smiled. "Of course." I grinned. "Great now I'll be the spotlight of the whole universe." He grumbled. "Cheer up grumpy pants you'll be emperor soon." I said and nudged Keith. "Guess I'll call you Prince until then." I said. "Nope. I don't call you Princess so you can't call me Prince." He replied. "You know Lotor still called himself Prince after becoming emperor so I'm doing that too." He said. "Obviously, I mean Prince Keith sounds better than Emperor Keith or King Keith." I agreed.

~time skip~

"Allura I can't do this!" Keith groaned. "Yes you can. We're leaving Blue nearby and I coming with you just in case." I replied. "But isn't the whole point of Shiro being in the Black Lion so that we can form Voltron." Keith pointed out. "Just trust me Keith." I replied and he nodded with a sigh. "Alright we're almost there." Pidge's voice came through the coms. After a few minutes I hide Blue and discreetly followed Keith who by now had transformed into his Galra form.

I watched as Keith immediately blended in with the crowd. I can't believe they didn't recognize him yet. His tail was hidden around his body so that the rest wouldn't recognize him as having noble blood (A/N: only galra with noble blood have tails.). They seemed to have changed the ceremony though. A quick alarm went off to signify the start of the race to the top which wasn't really a race considering how they all fought against each other more. Keith just slowly walked up the steps with everyone fighting around him. "Hey what are you doing! You're disgracing the Galra! You're walking and not fighting!" Shouts of protests came from the crowd. That was when the fighters finally noticed Keith and changed targets.

He dodged swipe after swipe and delivered quick blows of his own. "How is he so agile?" Everyone gasped and I couldn't help but smile. As if in answer to their question Keith's tail finally poked out of his armor. Everyone's eyes widened but the fighters kept trying to attack. Keith released a low growl of intimidation which partially worked. Keith took that moment of hesitation to knock out a few of the fighters before speeding his way to the fire. "Who is that? I've never seen him before?" People murmured. Keith's part yellow eyes pierced through my hiding spot as he lit the flame and I took my cue and stepped out of the shadows.

Fighters immediately went for their weapons but Keith silenced them. Everyone eyed him curiously and he gestured for me to continue. "Princess." He bowed and I curtsied. "What is she doing here? She's the enemy! Why is this allowed? Someone kill her while we have the chance!" Yells of protest sounded out. "No one will be coming anywhere near the Princess." Keith growled and eyes snapped towards him. "I bet he's a traitor! Halfbreed! Kill him!" People yelled. "Is that anyway to speak to the true blood heir to the throne?" I shouted. "That's a lie." They announced. "Allow me to prove that Keith Kogane Paladin of the Black Lion is the true heir." I replied. Their curiosity kept them stuck in place as I projected the image of the blood test. "That's impossible and a halfbreed can't be emperor!" They protetsed. "Lotor was a half breed and it's not impossible the proof is right here." I called out.

"I did not have to participate in this ridiculous ceremony and could've claimed the throne anyway. I have proved myself strong enough for this position. Those who don't like it can join Sendak and his Fire of Purification. For those who remain things will be changing. We will no longer be an evil conquering race but a proud peaceful race of talented and trained warriors." Keith announced. "For those who wish to harm my allies they shall suffer the consequences." He added as he stepped in front of me. "For those who oppose of me I do not wish for bloodshed so all war business will be dealt with later. Now leave!" He shouted and everyone started to scatter as the Black Lion landed and released a load roar. Nice timing Shiro.