Chapter Eleven

Chester ran. He ran for his life. He was so embarrassed, so disgusted, and even more because he had actually enjoyed the kiss. How the hell did he get the guts to kiss Mike? Mike responded to the kiss but he asked what the hell had that been, he must hate me now, he thought.

Mike's lips tasted like cheesecake and something specific. It was sweet just like he had imagined - even if it was just because of the cake.

The blonde man found himself running to Ryan's place, and in no time, he was knocking desperately on his door. He just wanted someone to talk to now and Ryan seemed to be the right one. He trusted Ryan.

He was sobbing uncontrollably when the brunette opened the door, utterly confused and gasped at the sight of Chester looking so fragile.

The blonde practically threw himself into Ryan's arms and the latter hugged him tightly, his face still confused and worried.

"Hey, Ches, it's okay, I'm here, come inside."

The brunette took the young man's hand in his to help him inside, before he closed the door and led him toward the couch where they both sat. Chester was still a mess as he kept sobbing, out of breath, and Ryan ran a hand onto Chester's back, which immediately reminded the blonde man of Mike since the latter had done the same thing at the coffee shop. As he started crying more, covering his face with his hands, Ryan sighed, as anger started to consume him.

"It's Mike, isn't it? I swear if that fucker touched you, he's dead."

Chester shook his head at that moment, his eyes wide as he looked back at his friend. "N-no, he didn't d-do anything. I'm t-the one who r-ruined everything."

"What are you talking about?" The brunette asked as he put a hand on Chester's arm. "You're the sweetest guy I've ever known, Chester, you could never do anything wrong, never, okay?"

"But M-mike-"

"Forget about Mike, just try to relax for now, okay? You can stay here if you want tonight."

Chester gulped before he nodded, looking at his hands. Forgetting about the half Asian for the moment seemed like a good idea.

"And tomorrow you can explain what happened to me, hm?" Ryan said in a soft spoken voice as he helped the blonde up and led him to his bedroom. "Well, you can sleep here and I'll stay on the couch." Chester nodded hesitantly but didn't really have the strength to discuss it, so he only flopped on the bed, looking at the ceiling. Ryan smiled softly before going to his closet, getting some large pajamas and handing them to Chester.

"If you wanna take a shower go ahead. If you don't, at least change your clothes. Sleeping in jeans is not comfortable." Ryan smiled softly, no longer angry. It was incredible the ability Chester had to soften people's hearts.

"Okay, thanks." He mumbled in a small voice. "I'll be fine. You can go now." He said. He didn't want to hurt Ryan by sending him away but he had to just sleep his feelings away now. Ryan only frowned and nodded, going to the couch where he was supposed to sleep.

Chester quickly changed into the brunette's giant clothes and shook his head seeing how he looked in the mirror. He looked overly skinny and his eyes were reddened. His hair which once was spiked up was now a blonde mess. He flopped on the bed and allowed himself to think.

Had he overreacted just now? After all, he had clearly heard Mike saying that what they had just done was weird...

Maybe Chester just wasn't meant to be in a relationship after all. No one could understand what he had been through at the clinic or what had happened to his sister.