Chapter Fifteen

Since we didn't want any drama, because of recent events, we decided to change Chester's sister name to Amber. Thank you for your comprehension. Also, have the chapter a day early. :)

*

Mike had had trouble sleeping knowing that something had triggered Chester last night, and he didn't know what it was. He only wanted to protect the young man, but by doing so, he needed to know what had happened. A hundred of scenarios had ran into his head and he was about to go crazy not knowing what had happened to Chester in the past. He couldn't pry it out of him, so he would need to be patient, but he vowed to be there for the blonde man when he would decide to trust Mike enough to tell him.

The sun had started shining through the curtains when Chester finally stirred awake, yawning and stretching before his sleepy eyes settled on Mike and a smile appeared on his face.

"Good morning, Mike."

"Good morning... you look like you slept nicely."

"Yes... were you watching me?" He asked, feigning being insulted. "Mike, that's creepy."

The half Asian only laughed and shook his head as he got closer to his boyfriend so he could kiss him tenderly before he hugged him tightly against him. Chester relaxed into his lover's arms as he realized how much better he felt in the other man's presence.

The hugg lasted longer than he had thought and he soon frowned. "Mike, are you okay?"

"Me? Yes... yes." The half Asian said with a small smile, but of course, Chester saw through it and arched one eyebrow.

"You can tell me, you know." He said as he looked into Mike's eyes, seeing as they drifted away to the wall and then back to Chester's again.

"I'm sorry. It's just that... I couldn't sleep well this night knowing that something that I did had triggered you. I never meant to hurt you but I did anyway." The half Asian closed his eyes tightly as Chester gulped and tensed.

"I will tell you." Chester said as he let out a shaky breath.

"What?" Mike asked, confused.

"My past. I will tell you."

"Ches... if you don't feel comfortable-"

"I do, Mike. You deserve to know. We've known each other for a good while now and we are together. If we want this to work out we can't have secrets. Right?" The blonde looked at his lover, waiting for a confirmation.

"Yes. Okay. I'm proud of you for deciding this." Mike smiled and kissed his boyfriend's crown.

"Please... can you... can you hold me? It's hard to... talk about it." Chester mumbled in a small, quiet voice and Mike's heart sunk as he pulled his lover closer.

"Of course, Ches. I won't let go." He assured the blonde with a squeeze of his small body as he sighed and prepared himself to talk.

"Take care of your little sister." His dad said as he hugged both of their children, each in one arm.

"Behave, Amber. Obey your brother." His mom said as she kissed her daughter's temple as the younger one smiled. "And, Chester, if you need anything, you can call us. I love you." She kissed her son's temple and left with her husband through the door as the kids waved their goodbyes.

"Okay, Amber! What do you wanna do?" Chester asked his sister as soon as their parents left and he closed and locked the door.

"I'm tired, Ches. Can I take a nap?" She asked, rubbing her fists over her eyes as her brother softened at the sight. He was only two years older than her but he still treated her as her baby sister. He was just so protective over her.