Chapter Seventeen

He hadn't said it back.

That was the only thing that had gone through Chester's head since Mike had declared his love to him on the beach, three days ago. That confession had rendered him speechless at first, as he had avoided Mike's gaze, too stunned to say anything, but when he had looked at his lover's face, he had seen a smile on it, but hurt still showed in the half Asian's eyes.

"It's okay, Ches, you don't have to say it back."

He had wanted to, he had wanted to so hard. After all, he was in love with Mike, but he was so scared to uttering these three words out loud. He was scared that Mike would change after them, or that he would abandon the older man... Chester would surely ruin everything in the end.

But still, those three words haunted at him, making him unable to sleep. He knew that he was hurting Mike by not saying it back, and still...

"I'm such a coward." He whispered, as he turned around in bed to look at his boyfriend's face.

The other was deeply asleep and Chester was certain he had never seen someone so beautiful in his life.

With his hand, the blonde caressed the other's scalp until Mike stirred awake and opened his eyes a little, grimacing at the sunlight that peered into the room and right onto his face.

"'Morning." He smiled and pulled Chester down to hug him.

"Good morning. Did you sleep well?" Chester asked as he planted a small kiss on his boyfriend's neck, where his head was buried. He could fee the heat radiating from Mike's face at the simple gesture and blushed as well.

"Yes." The half Asian sighed in contentment. "What about you? Were you watching me for too long?" Mike pushed his lover back a little to look at him as he chuckled.

"Maybe. I didn't see the time pass, I like watching you so peacefully." Chester admitted with a blush.

"What do you want to do today? It's Saturday, finally." The younger man asked as he sat up.

"I didn't really think of anything. Did you?"

Mike thought for a second until he smiled shyly at his lover, taking his hand in his and squeezing it. "There's something..." He said looking down, Chester had never seen him so shy and insecure his whole life.

"What is it?" The blonde squeezed his hand back, reassuringly.

"I have to practice anatomy of the body for my classes and... and I thought that... I could draw you?" He closed his eyes tightly as his face seemed that it could cook an egg as it became redder and redder.

"Me? O-okay... I just didn't expect that because I'm so ugly and weird and also I'm too thin I don't know why you would want to-" Chester blushed as Mike kissed his lips with no previous warning.

"You're beautiful. You're just like an angel." Mike said between kisses as he took his time to kiss every part of his lover's face, feeling the heat on his cheeks until he gave one last kiss to his forehead. "I want you to know that. Thanks for letting me draw you." Chester was speechless by the time Mike got up and went to the bathroom. He felt so loved, he couldn't hide the big smile in his face. He truly loved the half Asian.

As he heard the door from the bathroom opened, he suddenly had an idea and quickly executed it before he laid back on the bed, a smile still present on his face as he put his hands behind his head, waiting for his boyfriend to come back as he got comfortable.

Mike went to the living room first to grab his art supplies from his backpack, before he opened his sketchbook, grimacing at the fact that he hated his last sketch, before he turned the page. He stepped into the bedroom, sighing as he was starring at the blank page.