chapter 1

Alex POV

It had been 2 weeks since Hyunjin had gone missing and we still had no luck in finding any evidence: I guess i thought it would be much easier then it is. I grabbed an apple off the table and picked up my bag ready to leave when I heard something form the TV "another kidnapping happened at around 11pm last night, the victim is Kim Woojin-"
The world stopped for a split second , another one of my friends , he was incredibly close to Chan and I was worried as to how he would react. I immediately ran to school, I needed to make sure he was okay. I accidently dropped my apple but I couldn't care less , even if Chan and I argue all the time, he is still my friend and I need to comfort him.

▫▪▫▪▫

Chan was usually early to school however I could not find him anywhere, I did run into Changbin though who was also devastated from the news and was as equally worried for Chan as I was. The usual bright mood from class 2a was non existent and was instead replaced with a gloomy one brought on by the news of our lost classmate.

Halfway through period 3 I saw a figure in the hallway looking uncertain whether to enter the classroom or not. The light from the sun shone on his face and the shadow was replaced with a sad looking Bang Chan, I asked to go to the bathroom and got a reply of "only if you are quick" I hurriedly left to look for him.

I found him a few corridors down huddled against a wall looking weak and innocent he looked up when he heard footsteps and his eyes widened once he saw it was me. He wiped the tears from his eyes and instantly stood up. The usual unemotional and uptight chan had let loose and broken down; I felt pity and quickly wrapped my arms around him to comfort him

"Shhh its okay chan let it out."
"Alex you don't understand I was meant to meet him last night but I stood him up, I should've gone , I should've been there , maybe if I was there this wouldn't have happened but no I'm stupid and left him waiting , its all my fault"
"Chan don't blame yourself its not your fault, how could you have know that this would have happened?"
"But"
"No buts Chan, we'll find him and hyunjin and all the others but we cannot do it if our Fred blames himself for a disappearance"
He sniffled and laughed a bit at my comment, I smiled at this I never knew that we would have a moment like this from all our arguing but here we are laughing together and cheering each other up
"Hey Alex? How did you know I was here?"
"I sensed you with my magical powers"
"No but seriously how did you?"
"It doesn't matter chan as long as you aren't crying and blaming yourself anymore"

Chan's POV

Truth is I was still blaming myself but Alex had done so much to try and stop me that I went along with it,
The bell rang for lunch and the hallway flooded with students. In the mists of them were jisung and changbin looking worried "YO GUYS" Alex hollered, their heads turnt in out direction so quickly that I thought their necks snapped. They ran over and lectured Alex on leaving and not coming back as they were worried something had happened, then they turnt to me and engulfed me in a hug telling me to tell them that I would be late next time instead of scaring them
Hopefully there won't be a next time

▫▪▫▪▫

Alex's POV

I lied on my bed thinking about how i wish i could save everyone and stop anymore people from being hurt however I knew that wouldn't be possible, even though I was only a small teenage girl I had to do it, I could do it.
I thought back to chan and my eyes teared up, he bottles up his feelings just like I once did until I met jisung, he helped me get through a lot and I had to do the same for chan. I was determined to just that, and I could start with getting information on the victims to find them and unmask the masked kidnapper.