chapter 7

Alex P.O.V

"What now?" Jisung says in disbelief.
We all look around, teary eyed, trying to process the information we had just recieved.

Chan explains that Seungmin can fix his phone and his handwriting isn't that messy. Jisung and I explain how we went to Jeongin's room to find that he wasn't there and that none of the nurses knew of his where abouts. And we saw the suspicious boy wheeling a person out of the hospital quickly.
We didn't think much of it at the time but now I regret not linking things together.

"Wait Alex show me the video." Chan says, flapping his hands in my face.
"What video?" Changbin asks.

My eyes widen and I pull out my phone from my pocket. I go onto the unknown numbers messages and press on the video, giving my phone to Chan.

Changbin and Jisung squish into Chan  to see the screen properly while the elder played the video. Their hands automatically covered their mouths as they gasped, eyes tearing up once more when they saw their friends in that state.

"Why didn't you tell us before?" Changbin asks horrified.
I was about to apologise when Chan looked up wide eyed.

I took that as a sign that he has seen something and lean in to look at my phone. "Does that shadow look similar to the figure that took Jeongin?"

Jisung looks over my shoulder, cheeks puffing out as he inhales sharply.
We both nod.

"Guys," Jisung says. "We need to tell the police, give them the video and letter, tell them about Seungmin and Jeongin-"

"Yeah," Changbin joins. "Alex, Sung, you two saw him right? So you can tell the police and see if the description matches and of their suspects."

◻◼◻◼◻

We all walk into the police station only to be met with chaos ; there were papers everywhere and officers and detectives were running around.
"What the hell..." Chan whispers not knowing where to look.

Kim Minseok, the detective on the missing persons case sees the four of us standing confused by the entrance. He runs over to us and explains that someone broke in and stole the evidence and suspect list to the case and they then went on to just mess up the station.

"Can't you just look on the security cameras?" Changbin asks.
Minseok shook his head, "The cameras were all hacked and turned off."

Seungmin?

"Minseok I think Jeongin and Seungmin have been kidnapped."
"W-what?"

Chan butts in "Mr Kim, Alex and I went to see Seungmin yesterday and he wasn't there, only this handwritten note was, which is way to messy to be his handwriting. It says that his phone is broken but even you know that he could fix it himself."

Minseok takes the note and nods, he can easily tell the boy didn't write it because he is Seungmin's older cousin and before he got caught up with work, they were very close.

"And today all of us went to visit Jeongin in hospital," Minseok raises his eyebrow in question.
"He got beaten up, but when we went to visit him, Alex and Jisung saw someone suspicious wheeling out a patient and when they went into his room he wasn't there. Wait shouldn't you have gotten a call from the hospital?"

The detective frowns and answers, "Whoever broke into the station, broke all the phones."

Whoever this person is, they're really clever.

"Minseok, if Jisung and I describe who we saw, do you think you can match it to a suspect that you remember?"
He turns to look at me, exited.

"Wait," his eyes light up, "This is new evidence so hopefully  we can get a few more leads and then I'll get you two to see if the description matches up!"

Changbin nudges me and chuckles, "Did he seriously not realise it was new evidence before? What a dumbass. " I turn away to try and control my laughter.

The policeman hits Changbin on the back of the head, narrows his eyes and says, "Just because I'm old doesn't mean I can't hear you Mr. Seo."

After joking around a bit more, Minseok tells us to go and get some food because it's lunchtime. We all bid our goodbyes and walk outside.

We walk to the nearest food stall and order what we wanted ; Jisung hit my arm and whispered something to which I then whispered to Changbin.

In chorus we all shout "CHAN'S PAYING." and run away before he could comprehend what we just said.

When he walks over to where we are sitting he puts up his middle finger and says, "You pigs eat so much."
"Are you calling us fat?" Jisung says in offense.  "Yes."

After we finish eating, we get up to go home until I get a call from Minseok.

"Jeez Minseok, miss us already?"
"Alex put your phone on speaker,"
Why does he sound so serious?
"You four listen to me, we think the kidnapper is targeting your group. It's only you guys and Felix left, so I need you to get him and stay together at all times. You got me?"
My eyes widen and I feel like I have just been punched. Chan takes the phone off of me and answers 'we understand before ending the call.

Changbin immediately calls the Australian.
"Felix, I'm guessing you're at home cos I can hear fortnite in the background. Stay there, we are coming over and I'll  explain when we get there but don't you dare leave that house."
"Okay, why do you sound so scared?"
"As I said, I'll explain when we get there, just please don't leave."
"I wasn't planning on leaving anyways but I'm worried now so hurry up and get here fast."

When the call ends, we all run to Felix's house.

It all makes sense now. Why didn't I figure this out before? I promised I would find the kidnapper and protect our friends. I'm nothing but a failure.

______________________________________

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 1000 READS <3
I LOVE YOU GUYS