chapter 5

Alex P.O.V

Jisung got a message from Changbin saying to meet at the hospital, he said he'll explain when we get there but I hope nothing bad happened. A million scenarios played in my head, who could it be? What happened?

I snap back into reality as jisung pulls me out the taxi and pays the driver.
We get into the hospital to be met with Changbin standing against a wall looking worried,
"What happened?" We ask simultaneously
"Jeongin got beaten up by some thugs outside the club on east street."

Why was he on east street?

"Is he alright?" Jisung asked
Changbin shrugged
"They are still doing scans but by the looks of it , it's not life threatening."

I sigh in relief, "That's lucky- oh Chan!"
He looks up and clenched his jaw as his eyes skim over me and Jisung
"Is he okay, are you okay?"
He nods, and answers with "The doctors say he doesn't have too much damage, just a few broken ribs and bruising to the bone."
We all nod, relieved that it was nothing too bad.

Then an unfamiliar face walked out from the room Chan came from
I smiled but then furrowed my brows when he walked over to us,
"Jungkook?" Jisung asked squinting slightly
The new guy nodded "Hey Sungie I haven't seen you if a while," he smiled at me introduced himself
"Hi I'm Jungkook, I used to make music with these 3 here before I had to move back to Busan."
Everything clicks in my head and I just simply reply with "I'm Alexandra but call me Alex."

He nods and turns to Chan "Yo dude you okay?"
He nods and looks at me, his eyes soften slightly but still has a glint of anger in them.  What's wrong with him?

I dismiss it (probably to be regretted later) and walk towards the room that both Chan and Jungkook came out of assuming it was Jeongins room,
"ALEX LOOK AT THE SIGN YOU IDIOT!"
I look up to be met with a male toilet sign, I shreak and jump back gaining a few peoples attention. I bow slightly and walk back to the group, "Where's his room?"
Light snickers were heard however they soon stop when I look up and glare at everyone. Chan walks ahead and I silently follow him and the others do the same; everyone can tell his mood is off but no-one knows why.

We get to the door of Jeongin's room and push it open to find him already awake, he looks up and stares at us before looking down and playing with his hands.

He wanted to avoid the one question that was going to be asked however we were all worried and Jisung finally broke the silence.
"What happened?"

Jeongin look up again, his eyes skimming our faces until he saw Jungkook. His eyes widened slightly and when his eyes locked with mine, I could tell he was scared. But why? He didn't even know Junkook.

He weakly smiled and replied,
"I got lost?"  The whole group scowled and muttered curses until he spoke up again and asked if he could speak to us without Jungkook. He nodded understandingly and left the room.

Chan's stern voice broke the new silence that arose "What were you doing there?"  Jeongin looked at us angrily "I was looking for leads, and your friend Jungkook was the lead I was following. I didn't know if the people beating me up were friends with him and would tell him about it so I lied and got beat up more! Happy now?"

There was pain and guilt in his eyes and we just sat there in shock.  My phone buzzed implying that I had a text, I checked it to find and unknown number had sent me 3 messages:

Unknown
I see your little friend got beaten up :(

Unknown
He looks a little similar to the state that your other friends are in

I frowned in confusion until I saw the video they linked. It was a video of my missing friends, beaten up. My eyes walked with tears and I quickly turned off my phone.

"Who texted you?" Changbin's voice echoed. I looked up to see all four of them looking curiously at me, "Oh it was just Felix asking if I could do his homework for him."
Changbin and Jisung bought my excuse but Jeongin and Chan gave me weary looks.

A nurse walked into the room and Jungkooks head popped round the corner, he whispered "Can I come in now?" I laughed and nodded. The nurse explained that they will have to keep Jeongin in for a few days and that visiting time was over; we all said our goodbyes and parted ways. Jungkook went back to his apartment while Jisung and Changbin rushed off mumbling something inaudible, leaving Chan and I standing awkwardly side by side.

"What's wrong?" I asked
"Who texted you?" He challenged
I sighed "I asked first."

He just mumbled nothing and continued to pest me about who texted me I pettily replied no-one and looked up. I laughed when I was met with his angry face: nose flared and face scrunched up like a ball of paper.

He took this opportunity to grab my phone from my hands and unlock it.
His eyes widened and he started shouting at me, "WHY THE FUCK DID YOU NOT TELL ME? THIS IS SERIOUS YOU IDIOT DON'T KEEP THIS TO YOURSELF!"
I put my hands up to my ears and wince away slightly, his face softens at my actions.
I smile to reassure him and take my phone back.

My eyes widened as an idea pops into my head, I look at him and then to my phone, "Lets go to Seungmin's house."
His face brightened as he realised what I was referring to, Seungmin could hack, he could trace the number that texted me.

We are into you kidnapper, and we will not hold back once we have found you.