Chapter 16: Surprises Part 1

Angel's POV:

2 Months Later*

My mama was resting long enough to be able to finally do things on her own. She was out of the hospital last month but I wasn't letting her do anything for herself. I was scared. Occasionally she'll fall to the ground cause she'll get real light headed. I always watched her, though she will get irritated.

Lately I've practicing my powers when I'm not hovering over her like a hawk. Though I never went swimming to try my new mermaid tail. I've been busy with school, practicing my powers, and taking care of my mama. Zane's mom has been over here to take care of her when I'm not.

They now know where we live. Because my mama left her car here, and I never got my driver's license because we moved. I've been studying for upcoming tests. I've seen Patricia in class but she hasn't said or bothered me at all. That's suspicious. Because I usually expected her snap at me usual. Buy lately it hasn't been like that.

Zane and them have been teaching me how use they're poewers that I now possess. I learned to transform into everything on command. I also learned how to control my temper and learned how to not let my eyesight turn red every time I got upset. They're parents also let me battle with them to toughen myself up, and take on multiple targets at once.

It was fun. Until I went up against Zane. He was stronger and faster than everyone else. I also learned from Mr.& Mrs. Gruffman that I'm developing new powers. I've also fully developed my shield so when Charles casted a demon at me from behind I didn't feel anything. I wasn't even paying attention. I was eating and piece of cake Mrs. Ella made for me.

She's been depressed since her husband left for another business trip. Zane told me he's been having a lot of those lately. He can't tell me why. I understand though. Plus it ain't my business or my place to ask. I brought my mama her sandwich. "Here you go mama your ham sandwich." I said.

"Oh thank you baby. Angel you go on and have do what you want. I can take of myself now. Please." she said. "Ok mama. Call me on my phone if you need me." I said and walked out the room. I thought about going to Zane's house and asking him about him and Wilson. Marcus told me that they're best friends but lately it seems like they're competing with each other.

But what? I decided to go to the beach and try out my mermaid tail. Stacy's parents taught me how to use my mermaid powers since Patricia is threatening her own friends if they talk to me. I transformed and flew to the beach. Lucky today it wasn't crowded. When I was with Zane and his family, I transformed into a giant bat. They said that was rare. And that I truly am powerful.

I explained to everyone about how I gained the Great Orb's magic. They were all punished for using magic against me, a human. Or ex human. They were very confused as to how I absorbed the Orb's magic. Cause of the fact I was human. They told me I have to see the Magic Council to have them evaluate me & see if I'm worthy enough to have the Great Orb's magic.

I'm pretty nervous about it but Mrs. Ella told me to relax and to do a good job on impressing them and showing off my skills. I get to the beach and transformed back. I look around to see anyone. No one. Ok I can do this. Let's see what my mermaid tail cans do. I ran into the water and wenter underwater.

At first I was scared because I was holding my breath and I frlt ikr I couldn't but then I remembered what Stacy's parents said. I can hold me breath for at least 30 minutes. Eventually mermen and mermaids have to come back up for air. I looked at my tail. It was all scaley and orange and glittery.