Chapter 20: Surprises Part 5

Angel's POV:

3 Weeks Later*

I was released from the hospital few weeks ago. Since I'm a vampire, my wound healed up pretty quickly. It still has a scar, but Mrs. Ella said it should clear up. Zane has been doing all that he can to win me back. He even spent money on me. I returned everything he bought. I didn't want anything he gave me.

I'm still pissed of at him for beating up Cole. He was in the hospital but was released before I was. He only had minor injuries. Him and Jennifer came back to the hospital to see me. They're still staying with us for 4 more days. I'm gonna miss them. But they said they'll visit me on spring break.

Jennifer told me that Zane told her that he broke up with Patricia. I honestly don't care. I just want him to leave alone. My mama saw my bandages but Mrs. Ella covered for me. I didn't hear what she said because I was too pissed at her son. "Angel?" Called my mama. "Yes ma'am?" I called. No answer.

I went downstairs to see her. "More gifts. All from Zane." She said. A bunch of colorful teddy bears, apology cards, and sweets. I rollwed my eyes. Oh God boy leave me alone. "Send them back. All of this." I said, while motioning to all of the stuff. "Why don't you just forgive that boy? You see he's tryna make an effort for you." She said, while eating one of the chocolates.

"Nobody asked him to." I said. "Mama please send all this stuff back. I'm tired of going to the stores and returning all of this stuff." I said. "How imma do that?" She asked. "Ask Cole. He'll help ya." I said then walked back upstairs. Then I suddenly felt sick. I ran upstairs to my bathroom and threw up.

"Damn best Fran. What you eat now?" Asked Jennifer. "Some Graham crackers. And a peanut butter and honey sandwich. A pickles in peanut butter." I told her. She just stared at me. "What?" I asked her. "That shit sounds nasty as fuck." She said. "Its actually good. You should try it." I said. "Yeah not in a million years." She said and used her powers to raise an apple from a book. She bit into it.

Just then I heard a knock on my window. Jesus help me. I looked outside and it was Zoey. I ran to the window and opened it. "Zoey, what are you doing out there sweetheart? You can catch a cold." I picked her up and carried her to my bed. "Yeah I know but Zane needed me to get inside here." She said. I turned around and he was seating on my bed criss cross, next to Jennifer, staring at me.

I rolled my eyes. "Best Fran you keep rolling yo eyes, they gon fall out." She said and laughed. "Eyeballs don't fall out, do they Angel?" Zoey asked me. "No baby. She was just joking " I said. "Zoey why don't me and you play in each other's hair while these talk?" Jennifer. She ran and grabbed Zoey and ran out the room. "Fat bitch!!" I yelled after her. "Love you too Angel." She yelled back.

I looked back at Zane. He was still staring at me. "What you want Zane? What is it?" I asked. He just kept staring. "Alright fine then." I said and turned around to leave. The door slammed shut and the windows shut closed. I turned back around to face him. He was still sitting. We stared each other down. I'm not about give in. I crossed my arms.

The silence was killing me. I don't like silence. "What the hell do you want from me Zane?" I shouted. "I want you Angel." He said quietly. I rolled my eyes. "Jennifer was right. You shouldn't roll your eyes. They're gonna fall out." He said. Then out of nowhere I just started crying. He got up, walked over me and said,"Angel what's wrong? Why are you crying?" He asked.