Chapter 23: The Big Reveal

Zane's POV:

I woke up eager today. I sent Angel some text messages and she hasn't replied to any of them. Is she still sleep? I waited for a text message. Nothing. I got up and walked down stairs. My mom sat at the table on her phone. Zoey played with Barbie dolls. The atmosphere feels better now that my dad is gone.

I looked around for Maria. "Where's Maria?" I asked. "At the hospital. She's just checking out her baby's health." My mom answered. I heard my ping. I took out my phone and saw text messages from Angel.

Angel💓👑: Busy today.

That was it. Well it's going be a boring day. I looked forward to spending the day with Angel. And apologizing to Cole for fighting him. I looked over at Zoey. She was making the dolls dress up for a pageant. I looked at my mom. She looks better than she ever did. My dad leaving seems to be the best thing for this family.

I decided to go back upstairs and layed in bed. I stared up at the ceiling. I thought about everything that happened in my life. Me getting bullied. Patricia sticking up for me. Finding out mom was pregnant with Zoey. Gaining more friends and popularity. My first time having sex. Going on dates with Trish. Meeting her crazy ass family.

Finding out we we're getting a new student. Meeting Angel. Saving Angel from Patricia. Finding out Maria's pregnant. Finding out my dad has a secret double life he was living. Breaking up with Trish three times. Arguing with her. Seeing her pass out. Losing my baby with her. My dad almost killing us. Meeting Angel's mom. Seeing her mom in the hospital. Seeing her friends for the time in school.

Meeting her friends officially for the first time. Having sex with Angel. Seeing & feeling Angel's mermaid tail. Me kissing Trish which resulted in Angel passing out. Fighting Cole. Pushing Angel and making her bleed. Trying to win Angel back. Seeing her at Patricia's house in the ballroom. Seeing her go off on Lydia, Patricia, and her own aunt. Shit my life is crazy. I don't know how I long I was lying in bed.

I heard my phone ping. I reached for it. It was from Angel.

Angel💓👑: Just got done with my punishment. Going out to eat w/ Jenn and Cole.
Zane: Where to?
Angel💓👑: Don't worry about it. Just focus on making a good impression on the magic Council. I'm gonna wow them.

I sighed. She won't tell me where she's going. I went on Instagram and looked Jennifer. She posted a piv with the caption: Going out to eat with besties at Smoothie Shakes. Angel was in the backseat looking out the window. She didn't look like she was having fun. Maybe because she needs food in her first. Remember Trish was unhappy at the basketball game? She got her nachos and was more happier. Food is the key to making a female happy. Possibly.