Ch. 12: My Little High School

The "Main 6" finally arrive at Canterlot Metro, Canterlot's fanciest train station. Their train's door opens and Rarity, stepping onto the marble platform, asks,

"Tell me again why I agreed to catch a train? I mean, Canterlot Metro is divine, but now we have to catch a crowded, undoubtedly dirty bus to Canterlot High. Ewww. My Jimmy Choos can't bare it!"

"Rarity," Applejack says, rolling her bright-green eyes, "Stop your dramatic yammerin'. And who in tarnation is Jimmy Choo?"

"Gasp!," Rarity replies with an actual gasp, her blue eyes wider than saucers, "He's only one of the most fabulous shoe designers of all time! Applejack, darling, have you been living under a rock?!"

"No, but I'm not really into all that fancy designer stuff," Applejack says with a smirk, "Livin' on a farm your whole life'll do that to ya."

"Who the hell cares about your shoes, Rarity?," Rainbow Dash asks, rolling her eyes.

"Ugh," begins Rarity, talking to Applejack and Rainbow Dash, "What would you two know about being fabulous?"

"What would you know about being humble?!," Rainbow Dash asks Rarity angrily, "You are so... UGH! There's no description for you!"

"Rarity, it's a bus," Sweetie Belle tells her older sister, "You're acting like being on a bus full of people is gonna kill you!"

"Well, one guy did throw up on a bus once," Scootaloo says matter-of-factly, earning her glares from Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle.

"Seriously?," Sweetie Belle asks Scootaloo flatly, "You couldn't keep that information to yourself?"

      Scootaloo smiles innocently, as if she had not done anything. Apple Bloom snickers. Sweetie Belle continues,

"What I'm trying to say is this: Rarity, you have nothing to worry about! Public buses can be kinda fun!"

"Yeah," adds Apple Bloom, smiling, "It's as noisy as an Apple Family Reunion and the long ride allows you to talk forever about anything!"

      The wait for the bus isn't very long; the girls got to the bus stop at 8:30am and the bus arrives at 8:35. After a 10-minute bus ride, they finally arrive at Canterlot High.

"Oh man!," begins Scootaloo, swinging her purple, one-strap backpack over her left shoulder, "We're here!"

"OMG!," Sweetie Belle says with a squeal, sliding her oversized, pink and purple Hello Kitty backpack's black straps over her shoulders, "We're gonna be freakin' freshmen."

"Yup," Apple Bloom says like her older brother, "We're freshmen, CMC's."

"It may sound exciting to you guys," says Tender Wings, hiding behind his dyed black hair, "But I just don't see this going well with Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon being here. They're always on our backs."

      Tender Wings picks up his black backpack, which is similar to Scootaloo's. Apple Bloom grabs her simple, hot-pink backpack, looks over at Tender Wings, and says to him with a smile,

"Onyx, don't let those stupid, annoyin', stuck-up girls get to you. I try not to."

      Tender Wings just stares at Apple Bloom in awe. I'm so in love with her, he thinks to himself, I don't have a clue why, but I am. Apple Bloom, however, didn't know his true feelings for her. Neither did the other CMC members. Tender Wings prefers for it to stay a secret, for the time being, at least.

***

      The group walks toward the huge high school, taking in the scenery. They spot two guys chatting about last night's soccer game, which prompts Rainbow Dash to say,

"I totally watched that game. It was so awesome. The Canterlot Shining Stallions against the Equestria Bucking Broncos. Epic. GO SHINING STALLIONS!"

      The two guys cheer with her. Applejack rolls her eyes with a smile. Rarity rolls her eyes with disgust. Suddenly, Rainbow Flash flies toward the school and lands in front of the "Main 6".

"Yo, Dash," Rainbow Flash says to her cousin, "Blitz and I saw that game too, in the theater room -"

"Oh my god," says Rarity, wearing the expression she has every time she sees something sparkly, "Dashie, sweetie, you have a theater in your house?!"

"Shhh!," begins Rainbow Dash, whispering, "Keep it down, Rar! And yeah, we have a freakin' theater!"

"Yeah, and it's so cool," Rainbow Flash replies, pushing a pink strand of her rainbow-colored hair (the pink replaces the red of the rainbow) out of her blue eyes, "But as I was saying... Dash, Blitz and I were gonna ask you to watch the game with us, but you stormed off and didn't come back to dinner. I know Blitz's mother is nuts, but you can't let her get to you. Blitz was so mad at his mom. You missed nana putting Aunt Sharp in her place! Talk about epic! Nana Mist is so awesome. The coolest. Grandma. EVER!"

"Yeah," says Rainbow Dash, smiling, "Nana is pretty awesome."

"Hey Rarity," Rainbow Flash says as Rainbow Blitz suddenly lands beside her, "You should join the other four of the 'Main Six' when they come to Rainbow Manor's annual 'Manor Movie Night'. You'll get to see our epic theater, and my mom's making her famous nachos."

"Yes!," Rainbow Blitz says happily, "I love those nachos!"

"Yeah, we know Blitzy," Rainbow Flash says with a giggle, "You love food, period! There's not a day we don't see you stuffing your face."

"Hey!," says Rainbow Blitz, "Don't call me 'Blitzy'! And what can I say? I like to eat. However, no one eats more than Dash does!"

"Haha, guys," Rainbow Dash says as her cousins snicker, "It's not my fault my metabolism's sky-high."

"Hold on a minute," Applejack says to Rainbow Flash with a frown, "Rarity doesn't come to the movie nights for a reason."

"A.J.'s right," says Rarity, "I'm currently on a diet, so I'm afraid that, if I come to the 'Manor Movie Night', I'll be tempted to eat all that candy and those nachos. I've been trying a vegetarian and cheese-free diet for three years straight."

"Oh," says Rainbow Flash, "Sorry. I didn't know."

"Ignore her, Flash," Rainbow Dash says, pointing to Rarity, "She's just obsessing over her weight for no reason that makes sense."

      Rarity looks at Rainbow Dash with a frown, while the others just look at Rarity. Twilight Sparkle shakes her head, rolling her deep-purple eyes.

***

      Flash Sentry's black car pulls up in front of the school. Twilight Sparkle runs over to the vehicle, smiling a huge, excited grin. Twilight's parents' car pulls up to the school shortly after Flash's car does. Solar Flair happily gets out of her parents' car, placing her yellow and orange backpack on her thin shoulders. Flash steps out of his car and hugs Twilight. Solar Flair checks her orange watch.

"Twily," Solar Flair says to her twin sister, "It's eight-fifty-seven! We don't wanna be late for our first class, do we?"

"Awww, how cute," begins Rainbow Dash with a snort, "It's Egghead-Squared."

"Rainbow Dash!," says Twilight Sparkle angrily.

      However, the rest of her friends laugh. Rainbow Dash's dimpled smirk irritates her even more. Solar Flair frowns at Rainbow Dash, who is completely fazed by neither Twilight's glare, nor Solar Flair's frown.