Tear Jerker

First of all, I don't have anything against those stories that make you cry your eyes out- actually, I love those stories. So yeah I just wanted to get that out before I write something that might seem like I'm making fun of and don't appreciate those stories. And you know how authors might have this one line that's occassionally italicized and just makes you poop yourself and cry? Well, I'm going to have that too. Except it's not a good line, and there's absolutely no reason it should be italicized because it's just making things weird. Well this should be fun :D (only for me though... I'm sorry for those of you who are going to read this poop... such brave souls). Basically, this chapter can be summarized as my attempt at humor once again becoming shit...

OKEE LET'S GO

I sniffled at my reflection in the mirror. It was broken, adorned with silvery lines and edges, stained with the blue of my reflection. I tried tracing my face on its jagged surface, and it came away with blood. Even other broken things rejected me.

Mom, why did you leave me?

My sobs grew louder, shaking my whole body as they rippled through me. I couldn't bear it anymore. Turning on my heel, I ran back into the stall and slammed the door behind me. I needed to unleash this- this monster inside me. It screamed, clawing at the walls of my ribs and flesh. Standing on the toilet, I tipped my head to the air and let loose a scream of agony.

Suddenly I heard the sound of a door opening, and someone standing outside the stall tentatively asked, "You okay?"

At the unexpected noise, I stumbled, losing my footing, and slipped into the toilet.

The closest I'll ever get to falling in love is falling in a toilet.

At least the toilet embraced me. At least it recognized and accepted me as one of its own.

Upon hearing the splash, the stranger repeated, "Um... are you okay? I mean if you're on your period I have some pads... or if you have a fear of broken mirrors, I could shield you from it as you walk out so you don't see it... ? I mean we're going to have it replaced soon, so uh... " the stranger, who I now presumed was an employee, trailed off.

I found my voice. "Yeah I'm okay. I like burgers."

As soon as she left, I took my phone out of my pocket, my hand trembling. Still shaking, I typed in my password and clicked on contacts. I hesitated a little before typing in "Mom."

I clicked on the message symbol and debated on what I should text, scrolling through the emojis.

The poop emoji. 

Finding out what to text my long lost mother was too difficult and awakened old memories, so I took a deep breath and clicked on the phone symbol instead.

The phone symbol.

"Hello?" She asked.

"Mom?"

"Yes, who else do you think this is? You called me, after all." She sounded annoyed, and my shoulders tensed.

"Mom, why did you l-leave me?" My voice broke. Just like my bank account.

"... if you're drunk, you're going to regret it."

"I'm just a lonely girl... sitting in an empty stall... in the bathroom of Target 'cause you left me here."