ten

"Alright class since we only have five more minutes left let me explain what is going to be happening next week." Mr. Williams sits on the front of his desk with the same childish swoosh of his legs that Jamie gives when he sits on the bar and Jake snorts as if realizing the same thing. "On Monday those of you that are in training will follow me to our claimed territory, for those that are not in training, you will be going back to the library to study everything on these papers and writing four page essays about them each." He removes a stack of papers from his desk and begins to hand them out to each of the people that had decided not to join the schools training making each of them groan, but from the smile on his face he does not mind their annoyance. "Now I believe you remember the rules so for now you may all leave while I speak to the rest of my students." I watch as each of them lift their brows but none of them complain as they stand from their seats and walk out of the room and the moment the door closes behind them the teacher looks over each of us stopping for a second once his eyes meet my own. "All throughout the next week we will be training on how to lose an enemy, I am not going to have you all jumping off of a cliff this time, but I am going to have each of you shifting and using your magic to get away from the enemy. Now in reality it is a simple game of tag half of the people in this room will be the enemies, while the others will be trying to escape them. For two days you will use your shifted forms or magic to escape your enemies and hide, and the next two days you will be on the opposite team and you will be using your magic or shifted forms to find your prey. This is a technique that not many of the other teachers use but it is one that will help you not only learn how to better use your abilities, but to also learn how to use your senses."

"What will we be doing on the last day?" A man near the front of the class scratches at the back of his head as he speaks and I see a smile slowly creep onto Mr. Williams face.

"On the last day you will go half of the day as a predator, and the other half as prey to the other half of the class, but instead of all of you using magic and shifting, you will be in your Human forms using your brute strength and the senses that you have now." Each of the people around us groan at the idea and he chuckles.

"How exactly would you be able to tell if one of us were to use our magic or if one of us shifted?" As soon as the question leaves him Mr. Williams pushes himself off of his desk and walks around it to open one of his drawers only to pull out a small black band before he moves back to the front of his desk.

"This will not be the first time you see or use this bracelet. Unlike the other teachers that only give the kids this bracelet once we go on our trip, I will give each of you one of these bracelets during training. As soon as you put these on I expect them to remain where you had put them. What it does is tell us if or when anyone shifts and it is the same for a person using their magic. It also tells us just how fast or slow your heart beats while in such circumstances, and last but not least it has a tracking device to tell us where each of you are in case something happens and we need to help you or if you get lost." He has a smile on his face as he spins the bracelet around his finger but nobody else seems to share his amusement, and just before he is able to say anything else the shrill bell fills the room making Alas ears fall flat against his head. "See you on Monday class. Have a good weekend." I watch his lips pull into a soft smile as he speaks but unlike those that stand to leave the room around me, I am able to see the pain that lurks within his deep blue eyes.

"Are you ready Lily?" I ignore Issacs deep voice as he speaks to me and watch as the teacher sits in his chair with a low sigh as he puts the bracelet into the drawer once more.

"Lily?" Cyrils deep voice pulls me out of my thoughts and I slowly walk out of the room with Ala following behind me.

"Are you alright Lily?" Issac walks as close to my side as he dares with Ala walking just between us and I slowly nod. I can feel how each of them fill with disbelief but they say nothing about it as they walk to the parking lot. "Well I guess we will see you there." My eyes move to Issac as he speaks but I say nothing to him as I follow Cyril to his car just beside Jakes jeep.