twenty two

"So Lily did this to you?" Jamie covers his mouth with one of his hands as if to hide the smile that so very obviously forms on his face as he takes us in and Jake glares at him as if unamused but I can't even begin to stop myself from smiling with a crooked smile as I nod.

"She's fucking amazing is she not?" Jamie giggles at my words just as Mr. Williams chuckles with a shake of his head as he uses his long fingers to poke at Jake's bruised ribs. The touch makes him flinch away from him just as a soft hiss of pain passes his sharp teeth.

"She is quite impressive, the best that I have seen in all of my thirteen years of teaching here." Mr. Williams deep voice holds respect and a deep curiosity as he speaks but the disbelief that rests beneath it is what is able to catch my attention. "You are very lucky Jacob. It's clear, to me at least, that she could have broken each of your ribs but she held back so that all she had done was crack them and give you a bruised jaw when it could have also been broken." A frown forms on Jake's face at his words but he remains silent as he allows the man to wrap a long white cloth around his torso. "I expect that she had done the same thing to you then." His deep ocean blue and deep moss like green eyes move away from Jake's bruised torso to meet my own. Once they do I till my head in a nod making him nod back before he grabs another bandage and begins to wrap it around my torso just as he had done to Jake. "Now how did she trap the two of you? Not this time but the first time they had gotten you down. I can't help but to wonder how she had gotten a Beta and a top notch Enforcer into such a trap." Jake pouts his lips and looks away as he thinks over what had happened and Mr. Williams gives him a low chuckle.

"At first we had thought that there had been a fight, from the growling and the yelps it seemed as if that was all it had been and to make it even more real Issac had been ripped open and lying in his blood on the ground. On our walk to the cliff, just before you had switched the teams, we had both realized that they had staged the entire thing. She had ripped Issac open and sat him in front of the tree while she watched from afar and once she heard us saying that we had made up our minds to bring Issac back here with us to be patched up while she finished the others off, she had attacked. I'm not sure how, but she had somehow been able to make it sound as if there was a fight. She had even used our mate bond against me." I give a low chuckle at the thought only to go silent once Mr. Williams freezes in the middle of what he's doing on his tablet and looks up to stare right at me with darkened eyes. For a moment he does nothing more than glare at me as if he wishes that he were the one that had beaten me instead of Lily. But the moment Jamie's soft laughter fills the air it is as if he's snapped out of whatever daze he had been in making him frown as if in confusion before he allows his eyes to slowly look back to the tablet resting in his hands.

"She has many uses of her magic and making others hear things that aren't truly there is one of them. Also she hadn't been watching you from a distance, she had been jumping withing the trees above you so that it would confuse you on where she was." He shrugs as he speaks before lifting his hand from his lap to look at his nails as if they're the most important thing to him.

"She is absolutely brilliant." Mr. Williams smiles as he speaks and I frown as he takes in the tablet before him. "She and Issac had just taken out the last two groups and are on their way back." I am unable to stop my lips before they've pulled into a crooked smile as pride fills me, but the moment Ala begins to whimper I feel my smile fall as if slapped from my face.

My brows pull together as I look to the trees where Lily and Issac walk with their hands still clasped together. Issac has a bright smile on his face as he looks at her with his deep laughter leaving him and from the way her head tilts towards him I know that she is taking him in. But my attention isn't on that. No, my attention is on the way that a once dressed Issac is now shirtless with blood covering his entire body without a single gash to be found. While my mate walks beside him with not only his shirt wrapped around her leg but also Jake's wrapped along her thin waist but even from here I'm able to see the way her blood drips past them. Before anyone, before even Ala, has the chance to move I'm off of the grass I had been sitting in and standing just beside her with my hands on her side. She doesn't have to tell me what had happened for me to know. After seeing the way she had healed Jake in the club it's obvious that that's exactly what she did for Issac here. Even her clothes are ripped in the same way his had been not leaving me with very many questions on how bad it is, but that only makes me worry about her so much more. The gashes are deep enough to send her blood gushing from her beautiful body as if it never belonged there to begin with and it nearly makes me dizzy watching it. "Lily!" Before I'm able to even try asking her to allow me to take her to a doctor Jamie is at her side with his own shirt off as he holds it to her back as if to stop the bleeding just as Mr. Williams is as he rushes over to us with Jake just behind him. "What the hell happened to you? You never get hurt let alone touched when fighting!" Jamie does nothing to shout but squeal in horror as he speaks before he looks to Issac with wide fearful eyes as he takes in all of the blood resting on him as well.