Chapter 6

Connor POV

"I'm Adam, it's nice to meet you." Adam Black said as he shook my hand. He looked directly into my eyes the entire time our hands were touching, and I stared back. Not a creepy stare though, I'm not a weirdo, it was more of a mesmerized stare. Dark brown eyes attached to the light blue ones across from them. It felt like my entire being was reaching for him, which I guess makes sense, considering he was one of my soulmates. In that moment I thought that nothing could have ruined that moment, but of course I was wrong. Out of no where someone cleared their throat, breaking Adam and I from our staring contest and making us let go of each others hand while blushing deep shades of red.

I looked toward where the noise had originated from. Mr. and Mrs. Black stood next to my father, and a knowing grin was shared between mine and Adams fathers.

"Now, I know you kids might want to spend time getting to know each other, but we have to get Connor down to the lab for his check ups." Mr. Black told us through his wide grin. "How about we head on in?" He motioned to the door, and walked inside the building. He lead us through a maze of tan halls while he joked with my father. I was too embarrassed, from being caught staring at each other by our parents, to talk to Adam or his mother. Soon we stopped in front of two elevators. Mr. Black pressed the down button, the doors opened, and all five of us descended down into the basement. When the elevator stopped, the doors opened up into a hospital like structure. The basement had to have stretched throughout the entire length and width of the building. The elevators were placed in the middle of what looked like a hospital waiting room. There were light gray almost white walls lined with uncomfortable looking chairs and loveseats that sat on dark grey carpets. A small book shelf of recent magazines and medical books sat next to a small receptionist desk where a plump, grey haired woman sat at a desk and typed into a computer. A door that sat to the left of the desk had a sign that read: Check up rooms. And a door on the right of the desk read: Labs.

Mr. Black greeted the receptionist and headed straight to the door on the left. He lead us through a hallway and into a room before his phone started ringing. His ring tone was kind of annoying but I wasn't going to say anything about it.

"Hello?" He asked. He smiled as the person on the other end of the phone replied. "Oh excellent I will be up there as soon as I'm finished. Thank you!" He hung up and turned to his wife.

"Who was it?" Mrs. Black asked.

"It seems as if our other guest has arrived." Mr. Black told her. "He is in one of the upstairs waiting rooms. Maybe we should bring him down here for a check up too." He suggested and Mrs. Black nodded in agreement before turning to Adam.

"Adam, dear, I need you to go to the upstairs waiting room, collect the boy, then bring him right back down here." She told him. He pouted a bit and looked from his mother to myself, then back to his mother. "Oh you will be fine away from your soulmate for a little bit, the Clarke boy needs someone to bring him here."

'The Clarke boy? Does she mean Nathaniel Clarke, mine and Adams other soulmate?' I thought to myself silently, 'If she does then why doesn't he want to go get him? Maybe he doesn't know he has two?' I was snapped out of my thoughts by the sound of Adam's sigh as he moved towards the door.

"Okay," Mr. Black started, "Now that, that has been taken care of, I'm afraid that I will have to ask you to step out while we preform the check up and draw blood, Milo." He told my father who, without any hesitation, nodded and left the room. Both of the doctors started their work right away, asking me questions, checking my body for damage, giving me a physical, and took a blood sample.

"You seem as healthy as a horse, not even a bruise on your body." Mrs. Black told me while looking over her notes. "One last question, has your body shown any signs of how to recognize your soulmate?" I looked at her with a confused glance. Had she not seen the tattoos? I nodded and lifted the back of my shirt so she could see the marks on my lower back.

"Oh!" She exclaimed, "Two! This is amazing!" Her husband rushed over and he too seemed surprised.

"Oh my, you have two soulmates!" He jumped around like a child, "This is amazing. Adam and the Clarke boy are destined to be with you!" He rushed to the door and immediately started talking to my father, while I stood there with a confused look on my face.

"Is something wrong, hun?" Mrs. Black asked.

"No I'm fine, but didn't you already know that Adam and I had another soulmate? Didn't S.M.T give him a way to find out his soulmate?" I questioned.

"Oh yes it did, but his is through touch." She explained, "When he touches someone who he doesn't see as family or friends, he gets this 'cold empty feeling' as he puts it, when he touches friends and family he doesn't get a feeling, and on our way down here we were whispering to each other a bit," I don't remember them talking, "and he described touching you as his skin being 'lit on fire', but in a good way" Mrs. Black said. I nodded.

"So he will get that feeling again when he touches Nathaniel?" I questioned out load.

"It's very likely." She said smiling. "Well I have to get your blood sample to the lab, While Stephon gives Nathaniel his check up." Just as she said this the door opened to reveal my dad, Mr. Black, Adam, and another boy who looks to be about my age.

Adam POV

After my mother sent me out of the room, I made my way down the hall of the check up area to the elevator.

'I don't see why I couldn't stay with Connor, he is my soulmate, the only person who can complete me.' I complained to myself as the elevator came to a stop on the first floor. As I walked to the waiting room, I walked past some of the doctor, interns, and a few students. This building is three levels, each level holds a different purpose. The basement serves as two different things; a doctors office for on campus students, and a lab for multiple different experiments such as the Soulmates experiment and some other anti-flu vaccination that was still in progress. The ground floor served as a mingling center, a few rooms for on campus students, waiting rooms for the labs, and cafeteria. The top floor was the collage. Only 100 students are allowed in at a time. They go to school to work for the Government and when they graduate they become interns and are sent out to different facilities. There are also rooms for the students on the top floor.

When I reached the waiting rooms door, I knocked and waited for an answer.

"Y-Yes?" A small voice called out. I opened the door and stepped in to find a cute blond boy sitting on one of the couches that were in the room. For some reason when he saw me his eyes widened and he stood up.

"Are you Nathaniel Clarke?" I asked him even though I knew it was him, no one else was supposed to be in the room other that Nathaniel.

"Y-Yes sir" He stuttered looking down to his feet while avoiding eye contact. "That w-would be me." I couldn't help but smile at how cute and shy he was.

'Wait what? Snap out of it Adam! You have a soulmate!' I screamed in my head.

"I'm Adam. I am the one you talked to over the phone." I explained to him. "I was told to take you down to the labs for a check up." I motioned for him to follow me and he scurried across the room to my side and held his hand out.

"I-it's very nice to m-meet you." He spoke quietly and seemed to flinch as I moved to shake his hand. Almost as soon as our skin made contact, my skin lit a flame just as it had with Connor.

"What the fuck!"

Words: 1449

-Setta