Chapter 12

Connor Pov
"It doesn't matter to me, you guys can choose." Adam stated, stretching to lay down across his bed.

After our argument I went to the bathroom to let out my anger. I didn't cry in the bathroom or anything, I just needed to get away from people, but I can't deny that I stayed in there longer than I needed to be. I couldn't understand why Adam had a problem with the fact I wasn't deeply in love with a stranger. I mean yes, Nathaniel and Adam were good looking, and they did seem to be polite, but five hours is not enough time to learn about people's habits and true personalities. I did appreciate his apology, though I don't think he came up with the idea of apologizing on his own.

"I-I've never played any of them, s-so C-Connor you can choose." Nathaniel stuttered quietly.

"You've never played Never have I  ever or 21 questions before?" Adam exclaimed with a baffled expression. He sat up and looked at us on the end of the bed. "We will play both then!" He pulled out his phone and started typing.

"Okay, this is what we'll do," He stated. "I'll read the questions then all of us can answer them.  Sound good?" Nathaniel and I nodded.

"Right first question."

We continued to answer whatever random ass questions Adam was asking, as we continued on the questions became less of 'what is your favorite food' type question to more personal questions.

"What type of games did you play as a little kid?" Adam asked us. I answered first, as I had been since we started the game.

"I used to play girly dress up games with my friends, it wasn't really fun, but it kinda all I could do." I told them. I remembered my mom inviting all my friends over for my tenth birthday. My friends suggested asking my mom if we could wear her clothes and do make up, she agreed and gave us all dresses then sat us down and did our make up. We had to stay that way until the end of the party. I had looked at myself in the mirror that night and cried at how unlike myself I looked.

Adam looked at me with a sympathetic look while Nathaniel looked confused.

"Why w-would you have to dress up? My Ma and P-pa wouldn't even let me wear p-pink let alone wear d-dresses." Nathaniel questioned.

I didn't know how to respond to him. It didn't occur to me that no one told him about my transition, and honestly I wasn't fully okay with everyone just randomly knowing that about me. But on the other hand, Nathaniel was my soulmate and if anyone had the right to know it was him. Plus it wouldn't be fair for Adam to know and not Nathaniel, but to be honest I didn't exactly tell Adam.

"Connor?" Nathaniel said in a soft caring voice that instantly soothed my nerves. "Y-you don't have to e-explain if it's a rough subject for you." I shook my head.

"Maybe another time, yeah?" He patted my hand.

"You can take your time with it Connor. Let's just continue the game." Adam voiced from his spot on the bed. "It's your turn Nathaniel." With his hand still on mine Nathaniel shrugged.

"I don't really r-remember any games. I m-might have played a game o-of hide and seek with Sis a long time ago." He stated plainly, he looked a little sad but he covered it with a cute smile.

"Guess that means it's my turn then." Adam stated. "I guess I played a lot of different games with my friends, but I mostly played ghost in the grave yard with my childhood friend Sam and the other kids I met at school." He smiled.

"What's the next question?" I asked, leaning forward to look at his screen, my hands placed on his criss crossed legs to steady my self. He chuckled and leaned away.

"Patients dude." He scrolled down the page. "What nickname would you give the others?" Adam read out loud. I didn't really have to put too much thought into the question. It was easy for Nathaniel, and not that much harder for Adam.

"Is it cool if I call you Addy and you Nate?" I asked as I pointed at them individually. Adam have me a solid accepting nod, and Nathaniel just gave a shy "mm-hmm". I smiled and looked to Adam.

"Why don't you go next then, Addy." I teased and laughed as his face bloomed into a lovely pink color.

"How about I also call Nathaniel, Nate. And call Connor, Coco?" He told us in a questioning tone. I raised my eyebrows at him and asked,

"If that is what you want to call me I guess it's fine." He gave me the gentlemanly response of, "If it makes you uncomfortable or something I can choose another." , but I assured him it was fine.

During that time Nate was sitting quietly watching the conversation happening with a tiny smile.

"Do you have nicknames picked out or do you need more time?"

Nathaniel POV
When Adam asked me if I had thought of any Nicknames I nodded and nervously presented my ideas.

"Can I-I just call you A-Addy too?" I asked Adam. I was scared that he would refuse because Connor was already calling him Addy, but strangely enough he smiled at me and nodded. I still couldn't understand why he was being so nice to me, and I was still sort of confused as to what was going on, but I couldn't lie and say that it was kinda nice being around Connor and Adam.

"You can call me whatever you want to. I'm not picky." He chuckled lighthearted. "What name to you have for Connor?" I thought about it for a second before I decided on a name.

"Umm h-how about C-Connie?" I asked through my stutter. I turned to see Connor stiffen and pull himself off the bed.

"I haven't known you long, but I don't think any name could be more stupid."

Words: 1043

-Setta