Chapter 41

ALAINA

They wouldn't let me see him! Greyson is dying and they won't let me see him! "Maria they have to let me see him!" I cried in Maria's arms, wanting to fight through to see Greyson. "Alaina, he's going to be okay!" Her voice cracked at the end. "He's losing too much blood!" I let go of Maria, and ran over to Tanner's room. "Alaina, you can't go in there." I pushed past them. "Like hell I can't!" Adam pulled me back. "Greyson ordered not to let you see this Alaina." I broke down in Adam's arms. "We lost him! Get the defibrillator!" I couldn't breathe.

We lost him.

We lost him.

We lost him.

My heart was pounding in my head. I couldn't think straight. I lost my balance, and fell.

"ALAINA!"

My vision was blurry, clouded with tears. "Adam, take her upstairs with the children." He lifted me off the floor, carrying me upstairs. "Adam, he's gone." He set me on my feet. "We're going to save him Alaina. We're not going to let him die. Please stay in here, I will come back." He closed the door, leaving me alone. Greyson's gone.. What am I going to tell the children? How can my children live knowing their father died? How will our unborn child live never meeting their father?

ADAM

I walked back downstairs to Greyson. He was hooked up to an oxygen machine. "He's back, now it's a matter of time before he wakes up. We got the bullet out, and he's all stitched up, but we have to see if he responds to it." I nodded, and ran my fingers through my hair. I took his hand in mine. "You're a fighter little brother. You've got this." I let him go, and punched the wall. "I was supposed to protect him!" My mother touched my shoulders. "You did everything you could Adam. He's going to be okay." I never cry, and in that moment I did. Greyson and I were always close, being the 2 youngest and only boys. If he dies, I don't know how I can live with myself. I turned down the Capo position for the simple fact that Greyson was always stronger, even tho he was younger than me. I was a coward, and he was always the one looking out for me.

Mom pulled away, and wiped my tears. "He will be okay Adamo." She kissed my cheek, and walked away. I sniffed, and walked away to find Kim. She was upstairs with Alaina. She looked over at me, and stood up. "Is he----."

"He's okay. We're just waiting for him to wake up." Alaina stood up and came over to me. "Can I see him... please?" I nodded, and let her walk out. Kim touched my cheek. "You did all you could Adam. He's okay." Let him really be okay.

ALAINA

I cried over his body. Please wake up Greyson. I need you. We need you. "Mommy.." I looked up, and Gianna stood at the door. "Sweetie, go play." She walked over to me, and climbed into my lap. "Daddy okay?" Tears fell down my face again. "Daddy's just sleeping honey." She placed her hand on Greyson's face. "Mommy sad daddy." My sweet angel. I cradled her to my chest, and cried harder. Aylina and Gianna are twins, but Gianna reminds me so much of Greyson. She pulled away from me. "Mommy, eveything okay." She touched my cheek. I nodded. "Everything's okay honey." I took Greyson's hand in mine. "Gianna, go play with your sister." She hopped down, running out of the room. I placed my hand on my stomach.

"We're having another baby Greyson. You have to be here to welcome them into the world." His monitor beeped slowly. I kissed his hand, and rubbed his knuckles.

"T-til de-death do us p-p-part." I looked up, and Greyson's eyes were open. "Greyson." He cracked a small smile. "I-I couldn't l-le-ave without m-meeting o-our baby." A tear fell out of my eye. "Cara mia.. Don't c-cry." He took his oxygen mask off. "Greyson, don't----."

"I can't kiss my wife with this shit on." I shook my head, and ran my fingers through his hair. "Same old Greyson." I pressed my lips against his gently.

"It's over Alaina. We've won."

Author's Note: THIS STORY IS COMPLETED! UNDERGOING EDITING

CASEY BINGMON