EPILOGUE

I rocked our baby girl back to sleep. She woke up in the middle of the night with a fit.

"How's she doing?" Greyson walked in and wrapped his arms around my waist. "She's just a bit cranky, nothing a bottle can't fix." He took her from my arms, and rocked her. "Princess Gaia Lexa Kennmore." He kissed her forehead. My heart swooned. Greyson has a real soft spot for his daughters. "Oh I almost forgot, I have to go pick the girls up from Maria." I kissed Gaia's head, and pecked Greyson's lips. I started to walk out of the room until Greyson stopped me. "Hey," I looked back at him. "I love you." I smiled back at him. "I love you." He waved Gaia's hand at me, and went back to rocking her. I grabbed my keys, and walked out of the house. I got in my car, and headed towards the safe house. Headlights appeared behind me. I tried to lose them but they were right on my trail. I looked back to see if they were behind me, and next thing you know, I'm hit from the side. The car flipped until it was upside down.

I coughed, and unbuckled my seat belt. I crawled out of the car, and off to the side of the road. I heard a gun cock. I turned my head.

"Long live the Queen." Everything went black as my body fell limp.

GREYSON

Alaina's been gone for a while. I called my mother and she said Alaina hadn't been there to get the girls. "GREYSON!" Adam came running up the stairs. "Grey, it's Alaina. Her car was spotted not far from here. There's a trace amount of blood around the car, but the body is mangled... she's dead Greyson." I fell to the ground, no words leaving my mouth.

No no no she's not dead. She's not dead. She's going to walk right through that door, and she's going to be alive. "Grey we have to go." Gaia's tears filled the room. Adam pulled me up, and grabbed Gaia. The entire way down, my ears were ringing. Adam got us in the car, and sped off. We pulled up to the scene, and I hurried out of the car. Mom stood there with dad while Amina sat in the car with the children. Adam took Gaia over to Carina and came over by us. "I'm sorry Boss. It's Alaina." I choked back a sob. This isn't real. This isn't real!

"She's not dead. She's not dead!" I pushed past everyone and got in the car, speeding off. She's gotta be home, I know she is. I pulled up to the house, getting out and running in. "Alaina?" I ran up the stairs. "ALAINA!" I broke down in tears. I just got her back and now, I've lost her completely. My wife, my life, she's dead.

A/N: I want to thank each and every one of you for your support you've given me on this journey while writing this book. I've fallen in love with writing these stories for you. There is one final book in the series, and I will start posting that one before the end of the year is up. Thank you all again!

Casey Bingmon