My Favorite R&B/Pop Albums of 2018!

Hey Y'all!

It's been almost a YEAR since my last update on this book but I am back for the holiday season! I will be sharing my Top 4 R&B/Pop Albums that have been released in 2018.

I will be sharing the name of artist, album title, cover, release date, label, number of tracks, and a brief takeaway of my thoughts on the album along with my favorite tracks! I will also give a star rating out of five!

These will be in chronological order of when each album was released in the year. I'll also be doing this for the Rap/Hip-Hop genre so stay tuned 😊!
————————————

Christina Aguilera LiberationReleased: June 15, 2018Label: RCA RecordsNumber of Tracks: 15

Christina Aguilera
Liberation
Released: June 15, 2018
Label: RCA Records
Number of Tracks: 15

Though I'm not a super fan or "stan" of Xtina, I have had an increased interest in learning about music within the last year and I had to give this a listen. It is her eighth overall album and her first since she released Lotus in 2012. This is the first album that I have listened to of hers, and it is an excellent body of work. It is very R&B and Soul and her album told a story of her becoming liberated. This album is very underrated and deserves way more commercial success than it currently has.

Stand-out Tracks: Maria, Fall In Line, Right Moves, Deserve, Unless It's With You

Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️1/2
—————————————

Ariana GrandeSweetener Released: August 17, 2018Label: Republic RecordsNumber of Tracks: 15

Ariana Grande
Sweetener
Released: August 17, 2018
Label: Republic Records
Number of Tracks: 15

I have always liked Ariana since she played Cat Valentine on Nickelodeon's Victorious, but in recent years I haven't officially been a fan due to some of her fans disrespecting the legendary icon that is Mariah Carey. However, I understand that she respects and admires her and sometimes fans can be too aggressive. This album is her 4th studio album, and is very experimental for her. It has a mix of Pop and R&B. It's not her best, but it is a nice change for her. Be on the lookout for her next project thank u, next coming out soon!

Stand-out Tracks: sweetener, R.E.M, breathin, everytime, get well soon

Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️1/2
—————————————

Ella MaiElla MaiReleased: October 12, 2018Label: Interscope Records/ 10 SummersNumber of Tracks: 15

Ella Mai
Ella Mai
Released: October 12, 2018
Label: Interscope Records/ 10 Summers
Number of Tracks: 15

Ella Mai is certainly the breakout artist of 2018. Though most people were already aware of her music, it wasn't until this summer when Boo'd Up became THE song of the summer that she truly blew up in popularity . It peaked at number 5 on the Billboard Hot 100 and was unavoidable on Radio. This album is pure R&B and it'll definitely give you the FEELS! She has easily become one of my favorite artists.

Stand-out Tracks: Good Bad, Sauce, Trip, Cheap Shot, Everything

Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️1/2
—————————————

Mariah CareyCautionReleased: November 16, 2018Label: Epic Records/ Butterfly MCNumber of Tracks: 10

Mariah Carey
Caution
Released: November 16, 2018
Label: Epic Records/ Butterfly MC
Number of Tracks: 10

Mariah Carey is one of the most legendary and iconic artist in history. With a career spanning nearly 30 years and over 200 million records sold worldwide, she has inspired many of today's artist. Our generation has disrespected her after some controversial performances, but we all have bad days and she shouldn't be written off as a "has been" or a "90s fad who can't sing anymore." Mariah can definitely still belt like no other, and her 15th studio album Caution proved that she is one of the most creative and talented songwriters out there. People tend to not give her credit for songwriting, but she has written all of her songs throughout her career with the exception of remakes. This album is R&B at it's finest, and is creatively one of her best albums since 2005's The Emancipation of MiMi. Let's make one thing clear, Mariah is still making quality and current jams in 2018 and that is a fact, PERIOD!

Stand-out Tracks: Caution, Giving Me Life, One Mo' Gen, 8th Grade, Portrait

Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
—————————————
What are y'alls favorite R&B/Pop albums that have come out this year?! I'll be doing my favorite Rap/ Hip-Hop albums next!

**All of these works are available to stream on Spotify, Apple Music, Tidal, and other services! They are also available to purchase on iTunes, Google Play, & Amazon! Select physical copies may also be available at your local Walmart or Target.

~🤴🏾♏️