What I Want For Queen Naija's New Era

Queen Naija was originally known simply as a popular YouTube sensation with a successful YouTube channel with ex-husband Christopher Sails, but in 2018 her life would change for the better.

After separating from her ex, Queen would release a single onto her personal YouTube channel titled "Medicine" on December 31, 2017. Her supporters already knew that she was an amazing singer, and she was even a contestant on the singing competition series "American Idol". She was eliminated from the show and then moved on to give birth to her first child Chris Junior with then husband Chris Sails months later, and their channel would soon rise in popularity.

There have been plenty of Youtuber's to casually release music on their channels and not really expect anything to come out of it. Queen was one of them. After the release of "Medicine", the song gained millions of views on the YouTube platform and the music video that followed in March 2018 garnered even more attention.

From here things moved pretty quickly for her. She moved on to a new relationship, and signed a major record deal with top American label Captiol Records the following month in April 2018. "Medicine" would even debut and peak at number 45 on the Billboard Hot 100.

The success continued for the talented singer. She would put out her first release on her new label, a five-track self-titled EP named "Queen Naija" in July of the same year. The project peaked at number 26 on the Billboard 200 albums chart. This would lead to her earning another successful single on the charts titled "Karma", which would peak at number 63 on the Hot 100.

These two singles along with a unreleased song from the EP titled "Butterflies", would all earn Platinum and Gold certifications from the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) in April 2019. This is a huge accomplishment for any artist especially within a year of being signed to a major record label. Three of five tracks from her EP now have certifications.

Shortly after the EP was released, Naija announced on her new joint YouTube channel with boyfriend Clarence White called the "Royal Family", that they were expecting a child together

Shortly after the EP was released, Naija announced on her new joint YouTube channel with boyfriend Clarence White called the "Royal Family", that they were expecting a child together. We would later find out that the child turned out to be baby Legend, and he would be born on January 29, 2019 , just a few months after Queen finished her first ever tour at the tail end of 2018.

When Queen first announced her second pregnancy, she was heavily criticized for getting pregnant so early in a new relationship, and within months of her new booming career as a recording artist. Taking a hiatus to have the baby and bond with him and heal would halt her momentum and "ruin" her career.

People also have questioned Queen's decision to hire her boyfriend Clarence's sister Lee to be her manager and another family member of his to be her bodyguard. In recent months the belief has been that the singer has "fallen off" and she is no longer a big deal. The belief is that she needs a real team to get her where she needs to be.