Golden

"You guys make it home before the scientist lost their lunch?" Jennie asked, packing up her art supplies.

Chaeyoungs head popped up quickly. Was Jennie finally speaking to her again?

"Oh. Yes. But just barely." She frowned, "I had to clean the bathroom at least 4 times yesterday, the poor thing."

Jennie just nodded before throwing her bag over her shoulder and standing awkwardly waiting for Chaeyoung to finish packing up her things. She was terrible with apologies, and honestly wasn't sure she needed to offer Chaeyoung one. But she had returned the silent treatment at the carnival and knew she was one of Jisoo's best friends and didn't want the red head hurting her chances with Jisoo. She felt like they were already pretty slim to begin with.

"Did you- did you have a good time?" Chaeyoung grabbed her own bag and smiled hesitantly at Jennie. "At the carnival I mean."

A small smile lifted the corners of Jennie's lips and she ducked her head a bit to try and hide it. The memory of the carnival had the tendency to do that. Butterflies and shy smiles.

"Yeah, actually." She finally nodded and turned towards the door, "You?"

It was small talk and Jennie hated small talk but it was better than nothing. And it seemed Chaeyoung was just as done with the whole not getting along thing as much as she was.

"Jennie?" Chaeyoung spoke softly.

It was the tone you would use on a child when you had to admit you were wrong about something. It was sincere and apologetic without the words I'm sorry even being spoken yet.

"I'm sorry about before." She followed up as they walked out of the building. "I was terrible and you didn't deserve that and I just wanted you to know--"

"Im going to stop you right there red." Jennie turned to her and grabbed the straps of her bag over her shoulders, "I don't do this whole feelings, bonding and shit." Somehow she was managing to look bored with the whole thing while conveying an easy forgiveness at the same time. "Let's just call it good and move on, ya?"

She raised her eyebrows and nodded at Chaeyoung waiting for a confirmation they could put this all behind them and go back to being whatever strange version of friends they were.

Chaeyoung smiled immediately and nodded in return, "that sounds wonderful."

"Great." Jennie turned and headed towards the coffee kart in the quad, "and to prove our mutual agreement on the matter I'm going to let you buy me coffee."

"That sounds fair." Chaeyoung chirped and followed after her quickly with a smile, relieved things were already right back to normal.

They were standing in line for coffee when Jennie spotted familiar girl with honey brown hair making her way towards them. She didn't even care to hide the smile spreading across her face when she noticed the girl was wearing her leather jacket.

"Hey guys." Jisoo greeted them both as soon as she got close enough, but her eyes never left Jennie's.

The realization that she did in fact, have a crush on her tutor was messing with her ability to think or act normally. She had spent the entirety of Sunday debating if she could text Jennie. To return her shirt? Or her jacket? Or maybe to ask a psych question? Or ask if there was maybe a chance she had a giant crush on her back? Cause that would make things so much easier.

But instead she had buried herself in homework and a Harry Potter marathon and tried to not think too much about it. That lasted until about the 3rd Harry Potter movie, then she had an idea.