Picture The Stars

Jisoo swiveled on the stool and smiled as she reread her texts from that morning.

Jennie: you burnt the toast

Jisoo: what? not even a thank you?

Jennie: you left before I could give you a proper one

Jisoo: and what's your idea of a proper thank you?

Jennie: wouldn't you like to know?

Jisoo: maybe :)

"Chu! Let's go, what are you even doing?" Lisa jingled her keys as she stood in the apartment doorway.

"Right. Sorry." Jisoo shoved her phone in her pocket and grabbed her beanie off the counter while she slid off the stool. "Remind me again why we are making thanksgiving dinner 3 weeks early?"

Jisoo walked out of the apartment and pulled her beanie on and zipped up her jacket. Chaeyoung was sending them on an outing to get cranberry sauce and ingredients for stuffing.

"Because Chaeyoung likes to do a trial run before the real thing." Lisa locked the door and shoved her hands in her pockets, "All I know is it means more pie, so I don't complain."

"I guess you're right." Jisoo shrugged as they stepped outside.

Ever since the rain storm the previous weekend, the weather had shifted drastically. The air was cold and biting with plenty of wind filling the days. Near freezing temperatures at night, leaving the ground frosted as morning crept up slowly each day. It was only a matter of time before snow actually fell, which almost would have been more bearable.

Walking into the grocery store Lisa grabbed a kart and began pushing through the aisles with Jisoo following behind.

"Chaeyoung just texted." Jisoo sped up but kept her eyes on her phone.

"I knew the short list wasn't going to survive." Lisa chuckled, "what else does she need?"

"Uhh.."Jisoo scrolled through the multiple texts as more came through, "everything." She laughed and walked around to the front of the kart and hopped on to get a ride.

Lisa lifted her arm and pointed in the direction across the grocery store, "To the vegetables!" She yelled loudly before grabbing hold of the handle of the kart and racing through the isle with Jisoo still standing on the frame.

Lisa slowed down once they were surrounded by produce and Jisoo hopped off, and started reading through the new list Chaeyoung had sent. She was in the middle of explaining how you can tell if a pumpkin is ripe when her phone chimed again.

"Honestly. How many lists is she going to send us?" Lisa asked as she tried to juggle an onion, tomato and some kind of squash.

Jisoo flipped open her phone and smiled. It wasn't Chaeyoung.

Jennie: it doesn't taste the same

Jisoo's head shot up as she scanned the grocery store. Jennie had to be there somewhere but she didn't see her. She looked back down at her phone as Lisa put a few items in their kart.

"Ah, not Chaeyoung then?" She asked with a smug smile.

Jisoo just shook her head and finished her reply.

Jisoo: what doesn't taste the same?

Jennie: the soup

Jennie: it tastes different

Jisoo: different good? Different bad?

Jennie: just different. Not like it did when you made it. I think I heated it wrong.