Crossing Lines

"Jisoo sweetie, are you going to sleep all day?" Chaeyoung was standing in the doorway to Jisoo's room, the door wide open and a hand on her hip.

"Hmm?" Jisoo rolled over to face her, "what time is it?" She asked sleepily as she rubbed at her eyes with her palms.

"It's nearly noon!" Chaeyoung threw her arms up in the air, "we are leaving for the farmers market in 10 minutes if you want to come!" She called out down the hall as she made her way to the kitchen.

Jisoo groaned and rolled back over, pressing her face into her pillow. She had only just gotten home from the greenhouse about 2 hours ago and was still exhausted. As comfortable as Jennie was as a human pillow, between the late night movie and beating the sunrise that morning, she hadn't gotten that much sleep. Luckily it was Sunday and she knew if she got up now, she would be able to take a nap later.

So with as much energy as she could muster, she rolled out of bed and changed clothes before dragging her feet out to the living room.

"She's alive!" Lisa joked as she pulled her rain coat on.

"Oh good!" Chaeyoung smiled as she walked in and saw Jisoo standing with Lisa, "I was afraid you were going to miss the last market day of the season."

"Of course not." Jisoo said through a yawn, "It's tradition."

"Well you better bundle up, it's been raining all morning." Chaeyoung pulled on a pair of gloves before pulling a rain poncho over her large coat.

"Oh she knows." Lisa wiggled her eyebrows at Jisoo and gave her a knowing grin.

"What was that?" Chaeyoung asked as she adjusted her earmuffs.

"Nothing!" Jisoo answered quickly before Lisa could get a word out. "Let's go before all the good food is gone!" She practically pushed Chaeyoung out the door before grabbing her jacket from the hook by the door and following her out, glaring at Lisa on the way.

——

"I don't get it." Lisa tossed a grape in her mouth and kept walking lazily next to Jisoo while Chaeyoung shuffled from table to table to see what everyone was selling.

"What's there to get?" Jisoo reached over and took a grape from the bunch in Lisa's hand and popped it in her mouth.

Post Halloween farmers market was barely a tradition. They did it Jisoo's freshman year and decided then to always do it. It was the last day the market ran before closing up for the winter months. Just like last year, Jisoo and Lisa followed behind as Chaeyoung ran about buying flowers and fruit and breads and whatever else she found that looked good.

"You went on a non date-date to the carnival. Then had a movie night sleepover followed by a sunrise adventure and you aren't sure she's into you?" Lisa's eyebrows came together as she threw another grape in her mouth.

Jisoo just shrugged. The way Lisa explained it sure did make it seem like they were more than just tutor buddies.. But Jisoo couldn't help but feel nervous and confused about the whole situation. If Jennie really did like her like Lisa was saying, why hadn't she made a move yet? It's not like there hadn't been plenty of opportunities. And Jennie wasn't the shy type when it came to girls. At least not from what Jisoo had seen.

"So why haven't you gone for it?" Lisa stopped walking as Chaeyoung stopped to haggle over some freshly baked bread.

"Huh." Jisoo stopped next to them, sticking her hands in her jacket pockets, "good point."

Jisoo knew she liked Jennie, so why hadn't she gone for it? By her logic before, maybe Jennie doesn't think Jisoo is interested.

"If I do and she turns me down, it's going to make tutoring super awkward." It was a lame excuse, and they both knew it.