Four

I sat in the chair at Best Buy as Luke talked to the guy. He had set me up on his account and purchased the newest iPhone for me, which I thought was too much, but Luke insisted. I was twirling the computer chair around, ready to get out of here. I was a little annoyed that the first girl my age that I meet doesn't like me just because I'm a girl and living in the same house as her boyfriend. Like, really? I'm not the type of person to go after someone else's boyfriend. That's wrong on so many levels. And I was annoyed at Luke saying someone should fake date me to make Hayley feel better about me being there. I'm not there to please her.

"Do you want anything else before we leave?" Luke asked me as he turned to look at me.

I shook my head, "You just bought an expensive phone that I told you I didn't need, so I think I'm more than good."

Luke smiled as he stood up, "Well, I was wanting to get a new game for my Switch. Do you want a computer? I can get you a laptop, an iPod, a gaming system, anything."

"I don't want you to spend any more money on me. Thanks, though." I said as I stood up and followed him to the Switch section of the store. He gave a little chuckle, "If money was an issue, I wouldn't be trying to spoil you. If you don't pick out a computer, I'll choose one for you."

I rolled my eyes, "I don't need a computer."

Luke grabbed a game before going towards the laptops and computers. I sighed and followed him. I could care less if I had a computer of my own. I'm fine with the cell phone. By the time I found Luke, he already had a laptop box in his hand. I raised my eyebrows at him, "Really? Even after I said I didn't need one?"

He smiled at me, "Yeah. You haven't been here for me to spoil you for the past twelve years so I'm spoiling you now, no matter what you say. I live with a teenager so I know what teenagers want."

I rolled my eyes. There's no use in fighting him. "Kellin is a boy, though. What if we like different stuff?"

"We'll go to Target in a moment to get you other stuff. I noticed you don't have any makeup. And you can get things for your room." Luke said as he walked past me, ignoring what I said.

"I'm terrible at makeup so I don't wear it." I replied.

"I can get Madison to teach you how to wear makeup." Luke said as he headed towards the front of the store. I felt my eyes roll, "Yes, ask some girl I don't know to teach me makeup. Who is she anyways?"

Luke turned to look at me and make sure I was close to him, "She's Alex's current girlfriend. She's really into makeup and fashion. I'm sure she'd love to do it."

I didn't know Alex had a girlfriend. Then again I didn't know Kellin had one, either. And lucky for me, Kellin's girlfriend hates me because she thinks I'm going to try to take him away from her. I stood in line with Luke, thinking about my dad being a normal teenager. Did I ruin Dad's teen-hood when I was born? I pulled myself out of my head when the cashier said 'Hey Luke'. It caught me off guard a bit since I wasn't expecting Luke to actually know anyone outside of the house. I mean, I never did.

"Hey, Ryan. I haven't seen you around lately." Luke said.

"Yeah. I've been here, mostly." Ryan said as he moved his brown eyes on me before giving a smile, brushing his short brown hair off of his forehead.

Luke nodded, "At least you get paid here. With Kellin and Cody you mostly get in trouble."

So he's friends with Kellin? I should introduce myself since we're the same age, but I don't want Kellin's friends to feel obligated to befriend me or be nice to me. Maybe I should just go to the car. Ryan gave a chuckle as he shook his head, "It's all Cody. I've even been grounded by his mom because of him."