Prologue

What do you do when everything has gone wrong, you can pinpoint it one specific moment? For me, it was when I heard about a laptop back when I was only seven years old. Rumor was that it contained a game for the early 21st century. Apparently this game was was once popular and, unbeknownst to the players at the time, the first game with a sentient character.

I follow the clues that eventually led me to an old deserted home. I could remember the creaking of the wooden floorboards. I still remember the smell of the dust that fell on me when I opened the door to the attic which hasn't been open in who knows how long.

There in the northern corner of the attic was a box. I remember when I opened it and finding the laptop along with the cords necessary to activate. I took it home and plugged the cords into the laptop. The technology was so primitive to the modern tools today.

I turned on the computer and was surprised that the owner of the computer didn't install a password of any kind. As the main screen of the computer turned on, there was multiple folders but one called my eyes. A icon called mist. I opened it to see one game in it...Doki Doki Literature Club.

I opened it to find myself in a room with a brown hair girl with green eyes staring back at me... smiling.

"You're not g/t. Who are you?" A text box appeared.

"I'm Y/n. Who are you?" I asked, feeling a bit ridiculous answering a computer character.

"My name is Monika." Another text box appeared.

I end up talking to Monika. She told me about the game. How she had deleted her friends to be with g/t. She told me how she misses them. In return I told her that about g/t was no longer around. That we were in the 25th century, that 80% of the world's population had special abilities called quirks and that I was part of the unfortunate 20% without one. Despite all this, she was happy that I found her.

I kept talking to her till one day when I turned on the computer, a box appeared called reality.exe. I clicked yes, not sure what it'd do. Suddenly a white flash burst from the screen of that laptop. I shielded my eyes as I saw a blur of brown, pink, purple, strawberry brown flash across my eyes. I watch as the world went black as I fell backwards.