Suna-Konoha Alliance

Rasa was not happy when Orochimaru backed out of their alliance to destroy Konoha. Suna was on the verge of economic collapse due to the damiyo channeling all their missions to those leaf nins.

Now, Konoha had the nerve to send diplomats to negotiate a new alliance. He had put them in a room near Gaara and gave them an appointment a week later, hoping they would be killed and he could claim innocence.

But during the week they had managed to make friends with Gaara, who was now somehow able to sleep without letting Shukaku out and was drastically less bloodthirsty. He immediately ordered the seal to be checked, since konoha was famous for its seal masters, but the seal was untampered.

Finally, the day of their appointment arrived, and the two of them were standing in Rasa's office. They looked quite young, now that he was to observe them properly.

"So, Konoha insults us by sending children." He tried to rile them up.

The girl looked at him incredulously. "Kazekage-sama, you're aware our Kage is eighteen, right?"

Ah yes. Sarutobi's new successor. He was curious to see what this young man wanted from their alliance.

He cleared his throat. "State your terms."

It was the girl, Uchiha if he was right, who started to read, "Konoha and Suna have been allies since the Third Shinobi War and perhaps its time we take this alliance further. Konoha proposes to outsource 60% of the missions it receives from the Land of Wind to Suna in exchange of a political marriage in the Kazekage's bloodline. It also proposes a program of 3 exchange students at a time to learn the art of iryo nin jutsu in Konoha and poisons and antidotes in Suna and having an ambassador of each village in the other.

Whatever Rasa had expected from these negotiations, it wasn't this. There weren't many times that he was struck speechless, but this was one of those. This would solve most of his problems. The economic crises, the poor medical services, the crowing of Chiyo regarding dying art of Suna poisons... There wasn't any need to negotiate.

"Agreed." he said in his most dignified voice.

"Great." the girl chirped, setting the document down on his table. He carefully read it and signed.

"When can I expect you back?"

"There won't be any need to go all the way to Konoha to just get a signature." She put the signed scroll in a seal covered container and Rasa was astonished to see the scroll disappear in a flash of yellow.

"Yeah, it was an inanimate version of hiraishin. Hokage-Sama, should send it back soon. Actually, Hokage-sama wished to offer the seal expertise of these hiraishin seals connected to the flood end of Naka River if you construct a lagoon. Suna needs water and Naka floods every year, it would be benificial for both the countries."

Why didn't Sarutobi make this man his successor sooner?