I Am Sorry

Itachi entered Shisui's and Naomi's house to find both of them reading.

"Naomi." he greeted her, not knowing what to add.

"Itachi." she replied.

"Trouble in paradise?" Shisui asked, setting his book down.

No one answered him for a minute before Naomi said, "I am going for a walk.", as she disappeared with hiraishin.

"What did you do?" Shisui bluntly asked.

"The Mizukage was attracted to me. I led her on."

Shisui processed that for a few seconds before saying, "You know, I always wondered when your emotional stuntedness would bite you in the ass."

"This is serious, Shisui."

"I know. I am not even supposed to help you since you cheated on my sister."

"I didn't cheat on her. I'd never cheat on her. Why do you..." He took a deep breath. "She's the only one I love, she'll always be. I... I know I messed up. I am sorry. Just tell me how to apologize."

Shisui looked at him for a while, as if judging his soul. "Flowers always work." he said.

Itachi decorated Naomi's room with carnations, indicating his apology. It was after midnight, when she returned.

She didn't say anything, just looked at him after taking in the decoration.

"I'm sorry. For leading Mei on. For hurting you. For telling you to stop being unreasonable. I promise I'll never do that again. Can you forgive me?"

" 'S all right." she said, her voice was scratchy, as if she'd been crying. "It wasn't that much of a deal anyway, I was just jealous. She's really beautiful and she's also a kage. I'm ..." she sobbed.

Itachi pulled her into a hug. He didn't bother telling her that she was being ridiculous. He knew she already knew that. "I love you. He simply told her.

" Love you too. " she said, sniffing .

"Did you just wipe your nose with my shirt?" he asked incredulously.