Tsunade's Return

"Tsunade-hime." Tsunade heard voice as he approached their table. "How long has it been? Hello, Shizune." he glanced at her apprentice.

"Not long enough." Tsunade muttered loud enough to be clearly heard. "What are you doing here?"

"I've got a message for you from the Hokage."

"You can tell sensei to shove it. I am not returning to Konoha."

"The message is not from sensei. Have you been living under a rock? Itachi has been the Godaime for almost a year."

"Itachi? Mikoto's son? Isn't he like 10?" she asked.

"19, hime. You've been away for a long time."

"19 is still not old enough to be Hokage. What was sensei thinking?"

"He's been wanting to retire for years. But, young or not, Itachi has been a wonderful job. The missions are an all time high so is Konoha's reputation. He completely overhauled Academy, leading to 3 times efficiency output. He even managed to sign alliances with Suna, Kiri and Iwa."

Tsunade nearly spit out her sake. "Iwa?"

Jiraiya shrugged. "He impressed Onoki, somehow. Anyway, I have two messages for you. First is your annual return to Konoha request. You would be given the charge of the hospital and the medical program."

"Not interested." She replied.

"Thought so. Well the second message might interest you. Itachi has been digging around Danzo's activities and has found a large number of crimes committed by him. He is compiling a case and the list of charges includes conspiracy for Dan's death. He wants to know if you wish to attend the trial or not. "

Shizune gasped. Tsunade slammed her glass against the table. "Jiraiya, if this is a ploy to get me back to the village..."

"I swear it's not. Itachi has the actual evidence but this is not something Danzo is above doing."

"Why would he want to kill Uncle Dan, though?" Shizune asked.

"Because he was a popular Hokage candidate, and didn't fit Danzo's criteria of an ideal Hokage. He tried to do something similar to Itachi. He sent his Uchiha fiancé on a trapped mission, to Orochimaru, when it is well known that he wants the Sharingan."

"What happened to her?"

"She's fine. Orochimaru spared her because she is my student. They are apparently best of friends now."

Tsunade blinked at that.

"Anyway, the trial will happen on an emergency clan council meeting next week. Are you coming?" he asked.

"Damn right, I am." Tsunade growled.