Part 22

After a few days, we were released from the hospital. I couldn't stop staring at my daughter.

Marcella Costa. Marci.

In Italian, it means strong.

Our angel, our strong baby. 

She has beautiful dark eyes, and dark hair. She eats like a horse, and I'm up all the time, but Enzo has been a tremendous help. 

I am laying in the bed now, and he is currently sitting in the living room, rocking her.

We never set up a nursery, but she's been sleeping in the bassinet beside our bed. 

I think I was meant to be a mom, my life has a purpose now. 

I haven't thought about poor pitiful me in quite some time. 

Marci has given me a great gift.

********

After a few months, everything has seemingly came together. 

Cali lives with us for now, she is finally getting her life together after rehab, and intends on going back to work soon. She has gotten stronger and she is my best friend more than ever. 

Enzo has been in the gym again, and has gained some more attention, fighting in a big boxing match next month. 

My Marci, is starting to stand up on her own now, and hold onto things. She's getting big so fast. She mumbles "da da" and never "ma ma" and claps her hands together big and smiles every single time Enzo walks through the door.

Enzo and I haven't had much time together, between Cali moving in and Marci always being around, I feel like we've neglected each other. But still no matter how much has been going on, he still makes me feel completely loved.

I feel like I've been slack on my part, and I am so heartbroken like I let him down.

I stepped out the shower, and stood in front of the mirror. My body has changed so much. I haven't even let him see me close to naked. My hips were more curvier, and my stomach still had some baby weight left. I had stretch marks down my sides, and my thighs. My breasts were still huge, full of milk. 

I ran my hands down my body, and smiled. I think it's time.

I slipped on my black dress, my stockings and pulled on my black pumps.

I finished up my hair and makeup, and walked into the living room where Cali and Marci were.

"Holy SHIT Erin! You look smoking hot!"

"Language Cali!" I scolded.

"Sorry, sorry!"

I did a twirl, and let her see my long hair curled down to my ass, and stood to the side.

"Do I look fat?"

"NO, shut up Erin. Absolutely HOT! Enzo is going to flip out!"

I smiled and bit my lip with anticipation. 

"So I'm going to catch a cab to this hotel." I pointed to the card on the counter.

"Tell Enzo when he gets here, he can find me at the bar, waiting on him....and tell him to pack a bag." 

Cali beamed up at me, clapping Marci's hands together. "Mommy and daddy sitting in a tree..."

"Oh hush." I laughed at her.

"Are you sure you're going to be okay all night with her? Do you know where everything is? I have all numbers wrote down on the fridge..."

"Erin! Chill! I'm good, Marci's good and if you don't leave and go wait on your man, you won't be good." She giggled at me.

"Okay, okay. I love you guys. Marci, be good for Aunt Cali baby." I kissed the top of her head and her fingers, handing her back to Cali.

I checked into the hotel, I laid my bags out and checked over myself again in the mirror. No turning back now. I made my way down to the bar, and ordered a glass of wine. 

And now we wait.

********A/N

Sorry this chapter is a bit shorter. Just felt like this would be a great stopping point, for what's about to come....

Please don't forget to like/comment/share 

I love feedback y'all! Thank you so much for reading!