Part 30

I could feel me about to pass out. 

Between Natalie and Dean hitting me, and my broken leg, the pain was getting too bad.

I could feel the blood, slowly dripping down my face, from my head, and ending up down my neck to my chest.

I felt my heart beating out my chest, wondering what they had in store for me next.

I kept closing my eyes, begging myself to hold on longer.

I finally gave in, closing my eyes.

I woke up to some light in the kitchen. 

It must be morning.

I didn't see Dean or Natalie anywhere.

I saw the bloody hammer, some knives, and other things on display on the counter.

I tried loosening the ropes, and it would take me forever to try and get out of this.

I couldn't stand up or put pressure on my legs. I could feel my foot dangling.

I heard the front door open, and I knew this is it. I rocked the chair until it fell backwards, landing on the floor.

The back of the wood splintered on impact, and I quickly got the ropes loosened enough to get out of them.

"Oh my heavens! Erin, honey! Are you okay?"

"Mrs. Williams. There are two people here, they will kill me. You too if they find you. Please. Go get help."

She gasped, and nodded quickly. Quickly touching my face as she ran out quickly and quietly.

I couldn't move too much, but I pulled myself up and grabbed the knife. I hobbled into the pantry, and pulled the door shut.

I found some yarn, from Cali's knitting stash, and tied the knob to one of the shelves. Shit, it was better than nothing. It would probably buy me some time.

"WHERE THE FUCK IS SHE DEAN!?"

I knew it was only a matter of time before they found me, but hopefully Mrs. Williams would have help here.

They tore the house apart, and eventually someone pulled on the pantry door.

"She's in here Dean, she's done something to the door."

She started to yank on it, but she couldn't get it open. I heard Dean run up, and he pulled on it and I saw the yarn pop and the door flung open. 

I swung my arms with the knife as fast as I could, landing it straight into Natalie's chest.

Can't say I was disappointed.

I saw her mouth open wide, and blood sputter out as she stumbled back onto my kitchen floor. 

Blood began pooling around her.

Dean jumped up, and punched me back as he crouched over her.

"Noooo, you stupid bitch. You killed her. Play time is over." 

I tried to crawl away from him, sliding on the floor, trying to get away as fast as possible.

He pulled me up off the floor, throwing me around like a rag doll.

I was pinned between him and the counter and he grabbed a knife, I pushed and did what I could and I could feel the metal pierce my chest, and he pulled it out just as quickly as he put it in.

My breathing was slowing down, and I felt like I was choking.

"Put your weapon down! Now! Step away from the woman and put your hands up."

Dean looked at me, and back over to the officers, and raised the knife again, to stab me again.

BANG

I opened my eyes when I didn't feel him stab me, and I looked at him, falling to his knees.

Thank God.

It's over.

Dean fell down completely, right beside Natalie. Both of them, dead in my kitchen.

I fell down and collapsed.

"Hold on ma'am, we have help right here, you're going to be okay. Just hold on. Okay?"

I nodded my head, unable to talk.

I could hear the paramedics come in, they were working on me, I could barely hear their voices now.

I was so tired.

I felt my body lift up and I tried everything I could to hold on. 

I needed to survive. I needed to see my family again.

I couldn't feel any pain anymore.

I was lifted into the ambulance.

I heard Mrs. Williams enter behind me.

"Erin, honey it's going to be okay. Don't worry. You'll be fine. I'm right here."

I could feel her squeeze my hand, but I had no strength to wrap mine back around hers.

"Female, aged 24. She has lacerations to her face, neck, head, and arms. She has a broken leg, and a stab wound to her chest. Collapsed lung, and concussion."

I kept talking to myself, I kept holding on. I could feel the doctors around me, I had faith.

I succumbed to their medicine, and rested. I couldn't do anymore.