FOUR: SEVEN WONDERS

TWO WEEKS HAD ALMOST PASSED and soon Michael would take part of the Seven Wonders test

TWO WEEKS HAD ALMOST PASSED and soon Michael would take part of the Seven Wonders test. She had total faith in her Boy Wonder, knowing he'd pass with flying colors and become the male equivalent of the Supreme – the Alpha. It didn't matter that he wasn't an actual warlock, he'd still defeat Cordelia Goode.

She waited in the shadows while the warlocks stood around the fire and performed their blessing. It was unnecessary, his gifts far more extraordinary then anything they'd ever experience in their veins. But he had to play pretend, convince them all he was nothing more than a warlock.

"We gather at the cusp of the Blood Moon to anoint and protect our brother before he goes under the rigorous Seven Wonders." Ariel spoke, "Let the blessings begin."

A smile played on Michael's lips. It was soft but held an underlying darkness.

Pennypacker passed a bowl to Behold. He poured in salt and the bowl was passed along the line to John Henry Moore who added water. Ariel cut his hand, letting blood drip on top of the mixture. The bowl was then used to create a ring of salt around the Boy Wonder, and his smile fell.

The salt lit up in blue flames and then Ariel spoke. "I conjure the circle of power to be a place of protection, a circle to confer the blessings of all warlocks."

His eyes were closed and Eve knew he was ignoring every instinct he had that told him to fight back and embrace the darkness. She could almost feel his pain beyond her weakening strength, the spell effecting her too.

Still, Ariel continued. "May you be imbued with wisdom, perseverance, strength, and courage."

"I accept the blessings." He looked slightly pained. "May I be worthy to the test."

With the ritual over, the two found relief. Cheers followed suit and celebration thus commenced. Flames from the pit and the candles flickered. A wind blew through the room and Michael's face turned sinister, the white faced demon making an appearance.

He saw. John Henry Moore saw. It was just one little slip up and Eve could only hope he'd ignore it and drop the subject.

But it was futile to hope.

-

Eve didn't understand how Michael was so sure that Miss Mead could take care of the warlock. How did they even communicate? Still, he continued to reassure her, absolutely positive that it was a task she could complete.

Their walk in the woods was refreshing, having been cooped up underground at the Academy for so long. Eve took in deep breaths of the fresh, forest air. There was no telling when they'd be allowed this much freedom again.