SIX: THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS

MADAME VOYAIT DID HER BEST TO COMFORT THE HURTING HALF-DEMON

MADAME VOYAIT DID HER BEST TO COMFORT THE HURTING HALF-DEMON. She hadn't wanted to leave Michael, but she had no choice. If she were to die, their mission would fail. This halfling – Eve – was the key to the End's success. She knew this too, but it didn't change the fact that she had disappeared without so much as a goodbye, filling her with guilt and heartbreak. She hadn't even gotten to truly confess her undying love for him.

Having left her own scrying glass at Miss Mead's in her hasty departure, she began to watch her lover with the use of Madame's large one. She had watched her Michael break down when he saw the burnt body of Miss Mead. She watched him rage when he had rushed home to check on her, to see if she was safe, still alive. He couldn't track her down, making him believe she left upon her own will. He felt betrayed. She was gone when he needed her the most. A part of him wondered if this was always going to happen, if he would always be abandoned by the ones he loved.

"Eve?!" he had called out, rushing up the stairs to his bedroom. She wasn't there and he feared for the worst when he noticed her scrying glass on his bedside table.

Was she dead? Or had she forgotten it when she abandoned him?

He picked up her scrying glass, attempting to find her. He found no luck, unable to find where she was residing. She was either hidden well or dead, her soul hidden by Cordelia. He then raged, throwing the pocket mirror across the room, causing the glass to break into shards.

"Watching him will only make you feel more miserable." Madame said.

"I don't care." was her response. "I love him."

Madame let out a deep sigh. "I know you do, but you can't torture yourself like this."

She stared at the woman, fury and fire and her eyes. "He's been out there for nearly four days and his father hasn't bothered even once to help him. He's hallucinating, and he going to make himself sick if he keeps this up."

The halfling stood up quickly, eyes ruby red.

"Eve," Madame warned, "dont do anything rash."

She ignored her, stalking out of the room and forcing the doors open.

-

Eve threw the doors open to the throne room, fury evident in her ruby irises.

Lucifer turned in his seat, eying the girl as she stalked forward.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?!" she seethed, "You can't be bothered to help your own damned son?! What kind of father are you?!"

One of his demonic guards moved forward to attack but was stopped when Lucifer waved his hand in dismissal.

He hummed. "He needs to figure things out on his own."

Her rage increased tenfold. "He waited four days for you to give him a sign and you ignored him!"

The fallen angel laughed. "He will know what he's doing."

Eve scowled. "Well clearly you're wrong because he was asking you for help!" All she could feel was white-hot anger. "You know damn well that I've had more training in our abilities than he has. I'm the only one who's bothered to help him and now I'm stuck down here with you, a deadbeat father!"

He stalked forward, eyes black. He backhanded her across the cheek then grabbed her arm roughly and threw her to the floor. "You need to learn when to keep your mouth shut, little girl."

She refused to cry in front of him. Instead, she got up slowly and turned her back and left the throne room and made her way to her bedroom. Only once she had slid under the covers did she let the tears run freely.

-

Once she had run out of tears to cry she went back to Madame's room to use her scrying glass. She froze when she spotted the woman, who had heard her come in.

"You should see this." she said, motioning her to come forward. He was at some place called the Cooperative, talking to two men with bowl cuts.

"Thursdays we get Ryan Reynolds."

"The point is," the brunette spoke, "it would be an honor to play even a small role in bringing the cosmic skid mark that is Planet Earth to its fiery end."

"We are your servants, Michael," the blonde one said, "now and forever. How can we help, even in the most microscopic of ways?"

"I lost someone very dear to me, my one true ally." he said. "You want to help? Bring her back."

"You came to the right place."

"There's something else that happened before." Madame spoke. Eve blinked. She often forgot that time in Hell was different than time on Earth.

"He found a Satanic church." She said, "He was introduced and taken in by a follower of the Dark Lord by a woman named Madelyn. She was the one who brought him there."

Eve's lips parted. She stared at her maternal figure, mouth agape.

"Soon you will go back to the Earth's surface."

"When will I see him?" Eve questioned.

"When you meet again, it will have been four years since you have last seen each other. It will also have been almost a year and a half since the bombs dropped."

Eve looked down. For four years he will be without her. For four years he will be miserable and angry. Her heart broke for him.

For the equivalent of four years in Hell, Eve will be miserable, depressed, and eventually numb. In that moment, she realized she was only breaking her own heart by watching him through the scrying class. But she didn't care. She loves him. She'd suffer through watching him even if meant she would continue to break her own heart. She deserves it, she believed.

A/N: OOOOOH WE'VE GOT AN ANGRY EVE THATS ALWAYS DOWN FOR A FIGHT 😈