robots

Buildings lay in ruins and smalls fires burned along the streets. Everyone who walked by wore dirty, tattered clothes that looked like they came from the Goodwill and went straight into the ceiling fan with fan blades made from razors. He was shocked and appalled when he saw what appeared to be a robot riding in a chariot pulled by half naked human beings roll down the road. As the robot passed by, the people floating around the sidewalk hid and coward in fear. He thought back to when Prince drank his Kool-Aid, coming to the conclusion that there were, in fact, zero robots with human slaves that day. Therefor, he knew he wasn't in the past, but rather, he had to be sometime in the future. How far exactly he was into the future, he couldn't tell.

          He emerged from the trees carefully, watching everyone and everything cautiously. He needed to find someone that could explain to him what was going on and how he could get back to the place he needed to go. But then he remembered the time machine instructions George gave him. He read them over once more, doing his best to properly decipher them and understand them correctly, and then realized that he had pressed the wrong button in the time machine which threw him off course. Instead of going a few days back in the past, he went a few decades forward into the future. He still wasn't sure what year he was in, but he was sure that he hated himself and wanted to die in that moment.

          But alas, he could not die just then. He needed to save Prince from his coma or else Tyka would haunt him forever, dead or alive. He needed to figure out what day it was so he could operate the time machine correctly and go back the precise amount of time to travel to the accurate day. 

          He approached a young man on the street to ask him for the date. "Excuse me, sir?" Michael said calmly and politely as he neared the man. He wanted to be approachable and make the man comfortable enough to talk to him. "Can you help me?" 

          He raised his head in Michael's direction. At first, his eyes went wide seemingly with shocked horror, roaming all around Michael's figure and soaking in every detail of his appearance, but then his brows furrowed in anger and disgust. "Go help yourself, pussy," he growled at the confused time traveler.

          "I beg your pardon?" Michael questioned, slightly offended but mostly flabbergasted. 

          "We don't help your kind 'round here!" he yelled. "In fact, we don't help nobody in these parts! You the kind o' guy that gets his dick sucked by the robot sluts in the next city over."

          Michael raised his brow, even more dumbfounded but mostly offended. "I am a gentleman," he remarked as if it would make much of a difference. "And what is going on here? Why are there robots? What's happened?"

          "I ain't helping you!" the man screamed one last time before spitting in Michael's face and running away. 

          Michael wiped the nasty slobber off his face and wiped his hand on the thigh of his slacks. "What the hell is going on?" He looked around, and the street was completely empty. Everyone who was walking around earlier was now gone, nowhere to be seen. Michael heard metal smacking against the pavement and turned to see a group of robots walking towards him. They didn't necessarily look aggressive, but they didn't really look friendly either.

          "GIVE US ALL OF YOUR CURRENCY, PUNY HUMAN, OR WE WILL OBLITERATE YOU," the robot in the forefront demanded. He didn't look very advanced, but he did look very tough. He was like a stack of blocks, a typical 1960's science fiction depiction of a robot, but definitely a stack of blocks that could kick his ass.

          "Please, I don't want any trouble," Michael pleaded as he reached into his pocket for his wallet. "I only want to know what today's date is." He pulled all of his money out of his wallet and handed it to the massive tower of metal and buttons before him.

          "IT IS FEBRUARY 3, 2019," the robot responded. "WE WILL NOW COMMENCE ATTACK SEQUENCE."

          "But I gave you all of the money I had!" Michael screeched. "That's what you asked for! Why are you still going to beat me up?"

          "BECAUSE WE DESPISE OURSELVES AND MUST SATISFY OUR INSECURITIES BY PROJECTING OUR INWARD ANGER OUTWARD AND PHYSICALLY HARMING WHILE SIMULTANEOUSLY MENTALLY AND EMOTIONALLY SCARRING FLESHY BEINGS SIMILAR TO YOU," the robot explained before he and his crew pushed Michael to the ground and proceeded to kick the shit out of him.

          The future was the worst.