[-- PART III : The Seven Sevens ]

The third and final of a total of three parts, yet more confusingly named for the 'Seven Sevens'.

Author's Note: [skip if you are not interested in behind the scenes info]

It's taken me a while to get back to Renryre Island. My day job has been... demanding, lately, and a migraine (which may or may not be related) has taken me offline for a good few weeks. On top of that, I have had a mild case of writer's block. I have scrapped a few attempts at getting back into it because, frankly, they were terrible! I then realised what my problem was.

I was trying to follow on from chapter twenty, attempting to explain what went wrong with the plan, exactly why, and what was going to happen next. Suddenly, as if my memory had failed me, I realised: when have I ever written these chapters in order. These are the Disjointed Tales – the puzzle pieces only fit together once I've laid them all out on the table. So I picked up chapter twenty-three, and wrote it – as chapter twenty-one -  and the words flew off the tips of my fingers. As The Scribe said: "The story was already there, as it always is. All the elements waiting patiently. I only put them together in the right order."

I don't know if there is a lesson here, really, but I thought I would share it with my writer friends.

Without further delay, here is the next... Disjointed Tale!

P.S. No, I am not The Scribe.