Chapter 1: The Third Hatake

"Dad." A little boy with grey hair whispered as he poked his father in the face, who was sleeping peacefully. "Dad." He whispered again, poking harder. The grey haired boy sighed, his mask hiding most of his features, but his eyes narrowed at the sleeping man, who also dawned grey hair and a mask.

The five year old stood up on the bed and slowly crawled over the man, so he was sitting on top of his chest before yelling. "DAD!" He shouted, getting the man to jump out of bed, clinging to the ceiling with a kunai in hand as he looked around the room, only untensing when he saw his son's grinning face.

"What do you want Naruto?" It's..." Kakashi looked at his alarm clock, squinting to get a better view. "4:23 in the morning, what could possibly be so important that you wake me up?" Kakashi was used to getting up early, but the fact that he had to get up early on his day off was slightly frustrating.

"It's Christmas! Come on! You said I can't open up my present without you!" Kakashi let out a long, heavy sigh. He should've knew this was coming. Every year since Naruto could understand the concept of "Christmas" and "Birthday" he always woke Kakashi up early. He had even prepped this year, by putting security seals on his door, but somehow Naruto got passed them.

"How'd you get past?" Kakashi spoke as he landed softly on the bed, making Naruto jump a little. Naruto giggled, pointing at the window.

"I snuck in through there." Kakashi's eye traveled towards the open window, the chilly air of the early morning air slowly slipping in as it snowed. His eye opened up wide as he looked at Naruto.

"You aren't wearing a jacket or any warm clothing. You're dressed in your pajamas and you went outside in the freezing cold just to wake me up? Come on, let's get you warm." Naruto closed his eyes as he smiled, fighting back the shivers he had been restraining.

"Okay dad." Naruto said as Kakashi scooped him up and carried him to the living room, where a small Christmas tree stood next to the fire place as lights adorned the tiny branches, letting the room glow just enough to see comfortably without any strain.

Kakashi made a quick hand seal before blowing fire into the fire place, where wood was ready to burn. After he got the fire going, he set Naruto in front of it, putting a small blue blanket on top of the boy's shoulders to speed up the warming.

"Okay, Naruto. Which present do you want to open first?" Naruto's eyes widened at the prospect of opening his presents, to focused on the chill that had stuck to him ever since he came back inside and quickly abandoned the fireplace and blanket with inhuman speeds and looking at the presents with stars in his eyes.

Kakashi made a quick clone to go get breakfast from a nearby restaurant that was only open on Christmas called "Jade's Palace", which served a variety of breakfasts, lunches, and dinners. It was a tradition for the two Hatakes to eat food from Jade's Palace for breakfast, before going to eat lunch at Ichiraku's which was really only open for Naruto since the owner loved the little boy like a grandson since he was his number one customer, often giving the boy free ramen whenever he came with his father.

"I want this one!" Naruto exclaimed, grabbing the biggest present out of all of them, quickly unwrapping it to find a simple plain box. He opened the box feverishly, only for his happy face to instantly fade away.

"Clothes?" He whined. "It was such a big box!" Kakashi grinned under his mask.

"Merry Christmas, Naruto." Yes, Naruto abhorred getting clothes for Christmas or for his birthday, always complaining about how he would have to give them away whenever he got older since he outgrew them easily.

Naruto opened the rest of his presents, which, to his disappointment, weren't what he wanted the most. He gave his father a half smile, his grey hair hiding the disappointment in his light grey eyes. 

"Thanks dad," Naruto said halfheartedly. "I got a present for you, too!" He said, trying to cheer himself up as he scurried to go get his father his present from his room. Kakashi let out a little chuckle. 

"Make their expectations low, then, everything good will be a surprise." He whispered to himself, his single eye twinkling with amusement as he slowly set down a present under the tree. Yes, he knew Naruto was disappointed, he had planned on it. It would make his true gift all the more precious. 

Naruto scurried out of his room, holding a neatly wrapped box in his hands. Kakashi rose a brow. 

"You've stepped up your wrapping skills." Naruto chuckled nervously, rubbing the back of his head, which he would always do when he was either nervous, or lying. 

"Yep, I've gotten pretty good, haven't I?" Kakashi looked at the neatly wrapped gift, not even looking up as he spoke. 

"Mikoto?" 

"Yep." Naruto replied bashfully. "When I tried to do it, it looked like a cat got ahold of it, and you know how I hate cats." A small shiver went down his spine as he thought about it. Cats freaked him out, ever since he saw that hairless one in the alley way near the Red Light District when they were going to Yugao's house to visit.

"Why don't you get her to teach you?" Kakashi suggested to his son as he neatly took off the paper. "That way you don't have to bother her about it all the time." Naruto rolled his eyes, having the sass of a teenage girl at the age of five. 

"She always saying that you're better at it." Kakashi shrugged as he opened up the box, revealing a little plush dog. Kakashi smiled softly at it, wrapping Naruto in a one armed hug. 

"Thanks buddy, I'll keep it forever." Naruto nodded, puffing his cheeks out as he got out of the hug. 

"You better!" Naruto said, causing Kakashi to fully eye-smile, patting the boy's head before gesturing to the final present under the tree. 

"You missed one." Naruto turned around, his eyes widening at the last present as he slowly moved towards the small box. 

"If these are mittens..." Naruto trailed off, getting Kakashi to sweat drop. 

"Just open it already." Naruto murmured incoherent words under his breath as he opened up the small box, before his eyes widened completely. 

In the box, held two pairs of kunai and shuriken, practice ones of course, but real enough that when he decided to move up the ladder, he'd be ready. Naruto's dream was to be a ninja. 

"Thank you!" Naruto shouted as he tackled his father in a hug, laughing as he did so. "Thank you dad, thank you, thank you, thank you!" Kakashi let out a soft chuckle, returning the hug.

"Well, you wanna be a strong shinobi like me right? Well now you gotta start. Training starts after New Year's." Naruto cheered as he threw the shuriken sloppily at the wall, causing Kakashi to sweat drop.

"How about you go outside and do that after breakfast, huh?" Naruto shrugged. As long as he could do it, he could wait.

"Bout time. Sasuke's older brother, Itachi, has been training Sasuke since he was four, I need to catch up!" Naruto exclaimed. Kakashi ruffled the boy's grey hair with a smile on his face.

"Oh I have no doubt in due to time, you'll catch up."

And done!

New story! Yay! How was it so far? Sorry if it seems boring, will go back in the past at some point to show how everything went down.

So stay tuned, even if the first chapter was boring!

Til next time my lil demons!