Chapter 34: Wind vs. Lightning

"I'm going to ask one more time," Kioku said slowly. "Are you absolutely sure, that you want to spar against me?" Temari grinned, taking out her large fan as she looked at the teen in front of her, sweat going down his cheek. 

"Hell yeah, are ya scared or something?" Kioku froze for a second before a mischievous smile came across his face. 

"Scared? Sure," He laughed a little as he took out his kunai, a small jolt of electricity going through his veins. "But not for me!" He then dashed towards her, leaning in close to the ground to make himself a smaller target as she got her fan ready. 

"Some arrogance you Rock Ninja have hm?" She blew a quick wind jutsu at him using her fan to enhance it, but he suddenly disappeared in a flash. 

"You know," She heard a voice say from behind her. She whirled around, ready to hit the boy with her fan, but found no one there. "I'm quite strong." This time, it was above. She looked up and saw Kioku free falling towards her, his kunai now spitting out electricity like a hose does water, except, instead of falling, the electricity just spread across the blade, making a blade of electricity. 

"What in the hell?" Temari muttered as she jumped back, avoiding the black haired teen as he smashed into the ground, causing the dirt to fly into the air, masking everything in sight with the brown dust that was in the air. 

"Hmph, thinking this'll slow me down?" She muttered before swinging with her fan. "Don't insult me!" Kioku was blown back by the wind, tumbling across the ground before he stabbed the dirt with his kunai, making him hold still til the wind died down. 

"Impressive. You're not weak, I'll give you that." Kioku commented, causing Temari to smirk. "But," He drew out his sword slowly for dramatic effect as a smirk came across his face. "You're a long range fighter. If I get in close enough," He suddenly appeared behind her, the shadow clone that was talking poofing away. "You'll be useless!" 

"Uh uh uh," She mocked him as her smirk never disappeared, a small sword at his neck. "It's quite the opposite, close range is my specialty!" She went to kick him, but his sword suddenly sent an electric wave throughout the air, shocking her as she fell to the ground, her small sword falling out of her hand. Kioku looked at the sword with curiosity. 

"Woah, this sword is cool, can I-" 

"Don't touch it!" She yelled as she grabbed it quickly, holding it close to her. "Sorry, but, a person I once knew gave it to me to protect my family, and he died." Kioku took a few steps back, shock plastered across his face. 

"S-Sorry," He said quickly. "I was just curious." Temari sighed standing up. 

"It's fine. I didn't mean to snap at you the way I did. It's just that. . ." Kioku smiled sadly at the blonde. 

"It's fine, I also know the pain of losing one close to you." He then let a grin slip across his face. "But we should always try to forget such pain, it doesn't do us any good. As long as we don't forget them completely, everything will be alright." Temari looked at him with shock. 

"Y-you really believe in that?" She felt anger bubble up in her system. "You believe that bull shit?!" Kioku's eyes widened as she glared at him. "You can't forget the pain, you just learn how to deal with it. Trying to forget that pain of losing someone, it, it isn't right. It means that you don't want to remember the good times that make you hurt!" She ran forward and delivered a sucker punch to his jaw, causing him to be knocked flat on his back. 

"That just shows how stupid you are!" Kioku held his jaw, his thoughts going miles a second.

"To forget means no more pain. I don't think you realize my situation, Ms. Temari," Tears began running down his eyes, causing Temari to look at him with wide eyes.