Chapter 28: Village Hidden in the Mind

"Is that really all the Rock Village can do? And you dare call yourselves one of the great five." A man mocked, dressed in all white and a scratched Taki Headband. Kurotsuchi was panting but was at least standing up, unlike Akatsuchi, who was laying on the ground, clutching a stab wound from a poisoned kunai the mysterious man dressed in white had been using. 

Kioku was looking at the man, panting heavily, blood seeping from his shoulder as he tried to slow, or at least stop the bleeding from flowing. 

Kioku's POV

It hurt. My shoulder hurt so bad. I'm sure it was broken, and I didn't want to question the white thing coming out from the back, obviously being a bone. Kurotsuchi wasn't faring better at all. Akatsuchi-nii had been stabbed by that damn kunai the missing-nin had been using. 

"Weak. You're weak. Can I have my body now? I feel like it'd be for the best of everyone." I shook my head, the hate-filled voice plaguing my thoughts once again. I don't know where it came from, but this was getting annoying. 

I just wanted to live my life normally, not having a conscience who always tried to take over my body. I tried pulling out my sword with my uninjured arm, but a sharp pain coursed through my body, and I tried my best not to let out a yelp of pain. 

"Ha! A simple shoulder injury is what takes you down?" The missing-nin clad in white shouted as he kicked me in the stomach, causing me to spit up saliva, as I crashed into a nearby rock, my body leaning against it has I felt the back of my head trickle with blood. Was this how we were going to die? I've barely been awake for a year, and I was going to die on my first real mission out? 

"I'm going to kill that little girlfriend of yours now, okay?" I heard the almost sadistic man whisper in my ear before walking towards Kurotsuchi, who was frozen in what I think was fear. No, no, no, no, no. 

"Get up." I heard the hate-filled voice say, but this time, there was an owner to the voice. I looked up and saw a boy a year or two years younger than me standing there, a black hoodie covering most of his face with bandages across of his left arm with a pair of black sweat pants and combat boots. He was smirking. Smirking! At my predicament! 

"Who are you?" I asked him. His smirk only grew as he got eye level with me, looking at me with curiosity.  

"No one." He answered coolly. "Get up, and kill that son of a bitch. You want your friends to die? By that? Do you want to die, by that?" Before I could even answer he spoke up again. "Just let me have my body okay? I'll save them, I promise. I won't let them hurt you ever again!" I shook my head, slowly standing up as the boy in front of me disappeared, the smirk never leaving his face. 

I looked up and saw the missing-nin approaching my friends, and I unconsciously turned my head and a loud crack was heard. 

Then everything went black. 

No One's POV

Kurotsuchi looked at the ninja in fear, unable to fight back. She was going to die. She was going to die. She was going to-

A dark chakra spiked into the area, gaining both the missing ninja's and Kurotsuchi's attention. 

Kioku was up, but he seemed different. His posture was different, the way he held his sword, was different. The way he walked forward with such confidence, was different.