Chapter 45: The Finale

The fight between Naruto and Itachi, something that was inevitable since the moment the two descendants of Indra Otsutsuki met, began the moment the two prodigies met. 

And now, the true battle was beginning. 

Sparks could be seen coming from the two black blurs as they fought against each other using just kenjutsu across the village. Sasuke could barely follow the movements of the two godlike shinobi, the fact that they were going so fast that they crossed the entire destroyed village in a matter of seconds not helping very much. 

Itachi did a single hand seal as he was on top of his father's destroyed carving on the Hokage Mountain before blowing out a fireball as big as a quarter of a village at Naruto, who easily used his Rinnegan to suck the chakra out of the flames, making it disappear in under ten seconds. 

Then, Naruto made his own set of hand seals as he suddenly rose in the air on a pillar of earth as he crossed his arms. 

"Itachi, why don't you just kill yourself? It'll be easier and save myself the trouble, you're not stronger than me." Itachi smirked before his body was enveloped in an orange chakra. 

"I have no doubt you're stronger than me, Naruto, but, when I die, I will take you down with me." The Totsuka Sword shot out as the orange Susanoo grew legs as Itachi was now the size of the mountain he stood on. 

"You killed Haku with that sword," Naruto commented. "So for showing me that again, I'm going to make you pay." Naruto made a few hand seals before slamming his hand onto the pillar of earth, and a bright yellow scorpion with Rinnegan eyes appeared on the side of the pillar, the size rivaling one of the larger toads that Jiraiya could summon. 

"Interesting, what else can the legendary Rinnegan do?" Naruto smirked. 

"I have every intention of showing you, but my patience is quite thin so I plan on defeating you quickly." He held out his hand and a burst of gravity came from his palm and hit the Hokage mountain with a force of well. . .a thousand mountains. 

The faces of the Hokage's were now nonexistent, the only traces that they had ever been there was the large crater that Itachi was now standing on within his Susanoo and the rubble that had fallen to the ground, destroying multiple houses, killing many different Uchiha and Sound Ninja alike, along with some of the Zetsu and Root Anbu. 

Sasuke looked at the fight with wide eyes, suddenly feeling very inadequate as a shinobi. It was completely one-sided. He knew Naruto had so much more under his sleeve, and Itachi had been barely keeping up as it was, if Naruto were to go all out, Itachi would be dead in seconds. 

"Is he. . .a god?" Sasuke whispered to himself breathlessly as he watched Naruto destroy the Hokage Mountain with relative ease. 

Naruto glanced at the scorpion below him and pointed his finger at Itachi, willing the large animal to jump off the pillar of earth and going to Itachi, who brought his Totsuka Sword up and slashed the scorpion open, the summon disappearing in a large cloud of smoke. 

"Is that all you have?" He questioned softly, talking to himself. Then, a figure from the smoke emerged, revealing Naruto with his sword drawn, the blade using lightning to extend to unimaginable lengths as he swiped down, hitting Itachi's Susanoo head, and to Itachi's dismay, the supposed impenetrable barrier cracked under the force of the lightning bolt. 

"Die!" Naruto shouted as his arm suddenly turned into a cannon that then shot out a ball of pure chakra, making the crack spread even further. Naruto flipped through the air, dodging Itachi's sword mid-air as he practically floated, gliding before he landed on Itachi's Susanoo head, surprising the Uchiha.