Chapter 35: Life

"You, you don't really mean that, do you?" Kioku stuttered, looking at the man with a mix of fear and confusion. "You can't be serious Hokage-sama, do you know how many people would die?" Fugaku laughed a little, standing up and hunching over his desk, his black eyes meeting Kioku's grey. 

"Of course I'm serious, do I look like the type to kid around?" He whispered with barely contained  venom in his voice. "I have plenty of blood on my hands, what's not a few more gallons?" 

"You're insane," Kioku commented, taking a few steps back. "To declare war on all of the shinobi nations, you must be." He turned around, but was eye to eye with none other than Shisui Uchiha, who held a stoic expression. "You. . ." He whispered. 

"Ah, so we meet again, Kioku." Shisui commented, punching the teen in his gut, making him fall to his knees. "The last time we talked is when I killed the Raikage and his pet correct?" 

"Don't you dare-" Kioku began but was quickly silenced with a quick kick in the face, knocking his whole body to the ground. 

"Silence yourself in front of your betters," Fugaku said, now in front of the desk. "A dog should only speak when told to bark." Fugaku then crouched down on his knees, lifting up Kioku's head by yanking on his hair before putting his Mangekyou activated, spinning rapidly. "Kotoamatsukami," He whispered, but he frowned when nothing happened, only to instantly back up as Kioku's Mangekyou automatically activated, preventing the genjutsu from taking affect. "Those eyes, you," He turned to Shisui, obviously enraged. 

"You told me he was dead!" Shisui saw Kioku's eyes and shrugged. 

"Look at him, Hokage-sama," He responded, stepping on the back of Kioku's spine, slowly putting pressure on it as Kioku groaned in pain. "Naruto Hatake is dead, and at the time, I believed he was dead, even if it was not of my doing." He quickly took the sword off of his back, ready to plunge it into Kioku's head. 

"Allow me to make up for my mistake, and I will purge Kioku, formerly known as Naruto Hatake, from this world." Fugaku nodded. 

"If there is any chance Naruto still lives in that body, then we have to stop it before he can disrupt everything I've worked for." Kioku struggled a little. 

"No! I'm not Naruto! I'm Kioku! You don't have to do this!" Fugaku laughed a little. 

"You were going to die either way, I don't let people know my plans and let them walk back home you know." Kioku's eyes widened in horror. "Do it." 

"As you wish." Shisui said, ready to bring the sword down upon Kioku's head. 

"I wouldn't do that as of yet," A dark voice said, making the two Uchiha in the room to turned to see a figure dressed in an all black cloak with red clouds scattered across the surface, with a blank orange mask with a single eye hole in it. "He still has information you could have about Iwa." Fugaku faltered, realizing the man was right. 

The two were acquainted, the masked man belonging to the Akatsuki, being the leader from the shadows and manipulating Pain. The Akatsuki had helped them a lot during their conflict with Kumo, and if not for them, they would not have gained as much ground if they were without help. 

"He does, doesn't he." He muttered. 

"I won't tell you anything! You'll have to kill me first!" Fugaku laughed a little before standing up completely. "Shisui, take him to the dungeon, put him in the cell in front of his father." Shisui bowed and immediately grabbed ahold of Kioku before vanishing in thin air. Fugaku turned to the masked man. 

"I'm curious, why'd you stop us from killing him? We could've just took another Iwa ninja while they were on a mission to give us information." The masked man looked outside the Hokage's window.