10. Switching Sides

Indigo Drabek had come to single conclusion that she was haunted and damned all in one. Haunted by the ghost of Kai's shrieking and pleading for her to come back. 

Damned because she wanted to run back to him, gather him in her arms and fight away every single memory her act had dredged up. Abandoning Kai was the only rule he gave her and up until then the two rules were never broken. 

Granted she didn't pay any mind to the fact that sometimes, in his nightmares, he would siphon from her, waking her up. 

She never mentioned it and he never rightly noticed, it was why she really gave him the amulet, he'd never know she knew about his nightmares and he'd never know he broke the rule. 

Running her fingers through her hair, she all but wanted to scream in frustration. Her duty, the sole reason she was sent to the Prison World was to keep Kai from breaking out and killing the coven. Her personal reason was so the poor broken boy wouldn't go any crazier than he was. Everything was going great until Bonnie and Damon showed up.

"First of all. Don't nickname, that's my thing." The distant voice of Damon Salvatore sounded from the otherside of the store.

Indi had used her magic, making herself invisible to tail them and remain out of sight from Kai. She should've left altogether but she couldn't bring herself to. 

Even as he slept in fits, clutching her sweater and crying in his sleep; she was there to dry his eyes and be gone before he could detect her. It had been three weeks and she still heard his scream ring in her ears.

"I didn't. Fill. It. In." Bonnie dragged out each word in annoyance. Indi rolled her eyes and joined them in the dairy section.

"No. You didn't." Indi revealed herself, growing tired of sneaking around and trying to decide if she was still the good guy or now the bad guy. 

"I did, it's old tongue twister that always tripped my little up." She watched as Damon sped toward her but didn't touch her as she went invisible and moved to pick up eggs, revealing herself once again as she set them in the cart.

"I'm not here to hurt you or mess with you or anything like." Indi stood straight, her gaze peering into Bonnie's. "You look like a younger version of Sheila. How is she?"

"Grams?" Bonnie blinked as Damon jerked the shopping cart from them. "You, how, who are you?" Bonnie demanded, failing to hide her smirk she threw at Damon.

"I'm Indi, failed keeper of a psychopath who sometimes acts like a sociopath. These days it's psychopath." Indi offered indifferently. 

She felt guilty over leaving Kai but after everything she did, both before and after they were trapped together, only to find out he was still going to kill her and her family, made her bitter and angry.

"A psychopath? So we're not alone at all." Bonnie muttered. Indi shook her head. "Well why are you just now showing yourself?"

"Yeah. Seems a bit fishy to me, there shorty." Damon spoke, his blue gaze peering down into sea green eyes. "Speak quickly. I don't have patience for liars." He grinned.

Indi rolled her eyes. "You're not supposed to be here. I don't want either of you here and I had decided to just ignore you two but considering I'm one of the good guys, I guess, I'm here to help." She gestured to herself.

"So you're good, four months later." Damon didn't believe it. Indi only shrugged. "Okay. Well, your apparently a witch, so get us out here. Go on, do your witchy business."

Bonnie smacked Damon's chest. "What he's trying to say is can you help us get back home?" She looked hopeful but Damon didn't.

"Sure." Indi nodded. "But it won't be easy."