13. All We Are

"You expect me to believe that just because your childhood best friend is around, he'll not try to kill any of us?"

Alaric Satlzmen was a man Indi could see herself liking in the future. In the present, not so much seeing as he was refusing to allow her and Kai to enter Jo's apartment or their apartment; Indi wasn't certain on the living arrangement. 

It was clear neither were they because on the car ride over Kai let slip that he was looking forward to being an Uncle. That led to a last minute pit-stop at a shady gas station, all three crowding inside the women's bathroom despite Jo wanting otherwise. True to Kai's prediction, Jo was pregnant, Indi found it troublesome as htat added more to her whole, 'Don't let die,' list.

"I'm his Keeper." Inid stated bluntly. Kai rested his arm on top of her head.

"And wife, don't forget she's my wife." Kai felt Indi shift. "Future, sorry I get so giddy thinking about finally marrying her after you know, waiting our entire lives." He shoved Alaric out of the way and eased Indi into the apartment, Jo trailing behind them.

"What's going on?" Alaric looked to Jo who looked just as sickly as she had the day before. Not that anyone apparently noticed beyond him.

"We're here to pick which room should be ours and which one should be the nursery." Kai quipped earning a sharp look from Indi as she browsed the bookshelves with occult books.

"I'm sorry, what?" Alaric blinked, looking to Jo to see her pull out a pregnancy test stick from her purse, pulling off the tissue it was wrapped in, she held it up for him to see more clearly. It was positive.

"Yay!" Kai swung his hands in the air at the shocked expression of Jo's lover, future husband, baby daddy; Kai wasn't certain he hadn't heard that part.

"This is great." Alaric breathed, however his attention was jerked to Indi, a girl Jo had told him about he wanted to meet under different circumstances.

"It is and it's not." Indi stated, taking a seat on the coffee table. "Great because Jo will make a great mom, not because of the timing."

Kai nodded, taking a seat next to her and running his fingers through her short hair. "We got business to discuss, to baby-boo help or scram." He waved Alaric off.

Inid scrunched up her face and swatted at his hand. "Never, and I mean never, call me that."

"Okay, My Baby-Boo?" Kai was knocked off of the coffee table, grinning as he caught sight of Indi's cheeks turn scarlett.

"I'm not leaving her alone with you, even if Indi is here." Alaric stated, crossing his arms as Jo moved to sit in front of Indi on the sofa. "So what are we doing?"

"We're going to keep the twins from merging the only way I know how." Indi stated.

"Murder!" Kai hopped up, shouting in joy. He received glares and a tiny smile from Indi. "Or murder of one, imprisoning of a lot."

Indi nodded, speaking before Jo could question them. "In Atlantis,"

"You found Atlantis?" Alaric sat on the arm of the sofa, peering at Indi in awe.

"I found Atlantis! She was just there being adorable and witchy." Kai butted in.

"Anyway," Indi sighed. 

"The only way to cease the merging of twins is pretty simple. The first born of the Head of the Coven must draw magic from the current Head. Then gaining powers over the coven, the first born will then seal chosen coven members in a Prison World. The only thing is, the Ascendant must be kept by the new Head and the chosen Coven member must never return."