11. Coming Home

"Shouldn't you be keeping a leash on crazy?" Damon inquired, ceasing his attacks on the ground. Why Kai had left him an axe instead of a shovel he'd never understand.

Indi raised an eyebrow. "Shouldn't you use magic to dig the hole?" Her question was directed to Bonnie.

"You know, Bon-Bon, she's got a point." Damon stabbed the axe into the ground and gestured to where he was digging. "Go on, woo me."

Bonnie crossed her arms. "Where's Kai? He said he was going into town and has yet to tell me the spell, and he had the Ascendant."

"Kai does whatever Kai wants." Indi sighed, using magic to create a hole and dirt stairs leading downward for safe traveling. "He'll be here because he wants to get out of here just as much as we do."

"So he can kill the rest of your coven? Why are you even helping him?" Bonnie scowled as she watched Indi vanish into the hole; she and Damon quickly followed.

"If Kai kills the entire coven, he kills my family which isn't something I'm going to let happen." Indi replied dully. "None of that is your problem so stop worrying about it."

Bonnie frowned, peering at the girl before her. Her sea green eyes seemed dark and so hauntingly lonely. "You really miss your family, don't you?"

"Eighteen years. James and the triplets are in college and high school at this point. And my parents? Who knows if their even alive." 

Indi brushed her fingers through her long hair. She intended on cutting it the second she got out. She was going to make a lot of changes once she got back home.

"Do we really need him?" Damon finally wondered. "I mean, we got you, Bon-Bon, I can over power him and take the little toy and we'll be set."

Indi shook her head. "Like I said, what happens after we leave is no longer your problem. Just ignore him and we'll all be heading home soon enough."

Damon shrugged, it was clear he didn't care either way. It was Bonnie who seemed to have the most trouble with getting help from Kai. 

Indi didn't blame her nor did she care. She had grown up with Kai and knew his usual tricks. For once, he was being honest and as long as Bonnie kept her mouth shut; he'd help them willingly.

"Guess who got back in time, Indi!" Kai's voice rang out as he climbed down the dirt stairs she had made and like her, he had his backpack. "The gangs all here, that's great!" He grinned.

"Alright, great we're all here." Damon nodded, speeding over to Kai and ripping his backpack away. To his horror and Kai's amusement; Damon couldn't open the backpack.

"Indi created these backpacks with some pretty cool spells. They can never be damaged or lost, holds a ton of things and can only be opened by us." Kai winked at Indi who felt her cheeks flush despite cursing at herself.

"What was so important?" Damon shoved the backpack into his chest and returned to Bonnie's side.

"The future sounds great. I'm all for the internet but 1994 has been our home for eighteen years, there's no need for us to get homesick." Kai shrugged, slinging his backpack back onto his back.

"Do you have,-"

"No." Bonnie cut Inid off, earning a glare from her and Kai. "I'm not doing this until one of you tells me the spell."

"Indi can do the spell, she already said to follow her lead." Kai rolled his eyes. "Are you hard of hearing? Did I somehow miss that these last four months?"

"She's not hard of hearing, she's just worried." 

Indi was getting sick of the back and forth. She was breaking the one job she swore to keep for all eternity. If she was going to do it, she'd rather do it and get it over with.