12. Dark Magic

The only thing Indi could do was keep going. 

After dying so many times in the Prison World and Kai dragging her along, it was really the only option she had left. Kai was trapped, her family was dead and the Coven was hidden even from her. 

Not that she cared, the one thing she asked, no, pleaded Joshua Parker for before she left was to look after her family. She'd keep his son trapped and he'd be a good Head of the Coven. Indi didn't fail seeing as Kai was still trapped, Joshua however, failed on five accounts.

Indi shook her head. She didn't want to think about possibly killing Joshua, not when she was about to see his eldest daughter. Finding Josette Parker was like finding a dog in a pool; to easy. 

As she focused on her new target, the sounds of the hospital reached up to greet her, doing well to fill the void in her heart as she heard idle conversations. The white noise only ceased as she entered the stairwell, heading up to the second floor where she knew Jo would be. 

Wandering down the hallway, Indi went unnoticed, though to be fair she was once again using a cloaking spell to get around. That spell had easily become her favorite spell, even more so than Incendia; Kai took that as his favorite spell.

Indi's lips curved into a frown. The weight of why she was finding Jo sinking in as she peered into room where a very much grown Jo was standing in front of X-Ray images. Stefan and Damon Salvatore also stood there, along two blondes and brunette.

Indi didn't reveal herself, rather she took in how much Jo had grown. Through all the odds she had become a doctor, doing good in the world and saving lives. 

She had even let her hair grow longer but that same spark in her blue eyes never wavered; even as she addressed the other woman; who Indi figured them to Elena, the brunnett and Damon's girl, and Caroline and Liz; the cancer patient.

"You're kidding right? Vampire blood caused a stage 10 cancer patient turned vampire?" Damon scoffed.

"The same thing is going to happen to me Damon." Liz spoke, her voice sounded tired. 

Indi felt bad for the poor woman. Just because vampire blood could heal wounds and save off death; didn't mean it was a cure all. Indi couldn't take the silence anymore, the despair that filled the room was tangible between the dying woman her friends and the loss Indi was dealing with.

"There could be healing spells." Indi stated, unveiling herself and earning shocked gasps from all but Damon. "But again, sometimes things happen and death really is the only cure."

"Indi!" Damon drawled, moving forward and slinging his arm around her shoulders. "Just the little Gemini Coven Witch I'm looking for."

"No." Indi stated dryly, shrugging his arm from her and looking directly at Jo. "Look, I know seeing me might be a shock but I need a favor."

Jo blinked. Her eyes couldn't believe what she was seeing. Sure she had been tortured by Kai, got her magic back and was now in a race against time to beat Kai in the merge. 

What she wasn't expecting, what everyone seemed to fail to mention, that her best friend, the girl who gave up so willingly, her life to keep a mosner like her twin locked away; escaped. The guilt suddenly rushed into her expression. 

She knew Indi would have immediately went to her family after all the Gemini were taught that the Coven and family come first. Jo wished that hadn't been the case, she wished she had been able to sit the still twenty year old down and explain to her what happened the night she entered the Prison World.

"Why don't we give you two a few minutes." Liz suggested, leading the others from the room. 

Damon left reluctantly but was pulled away by Elena. Indi simply nodded, trusting Damon to catch them up on who she was; not that it would matter in the end. As the door swung closed Jo threw herself against Indi, wrapping her tightly in her arms and hugging her.