Chapter 4

Rhys pov

I don't know why I kept pulling away from Feyre, I don't know why I winnowed out when she asked me to talk to her. I don't know why these memories are resurfacing now. All I know is that I love Feyre, and I love our unborn child. I don't even know why I came to this spot. Is it because this is where I almost lost her? Where I thought she was safe with Mor when in reality she had convinced her to join the melee so she could sneak off. Where for too long I didn't know where she was. I don't know what to do now. I want to go back to Feyre but she might be mad at me. I know I can't stay out here forever, someone will find me eventually. If I know my family at all they're probably already looking for me. And if I know Feyre she probably already knows where I am and gave them a list of fake places to look so she could come and find me.

Feyre pov

"Where are you going?" Nesta demands as I pull on my coat.

"I know where Rhys is. I told Amren a bunch of random places so she wouldn't be able to stop me.  I knew I wouldn't be able to sneak past her to get my coat, and I knew Rhys would get worried if I showed up without one, so I created a diversion. If they get back before me, I went back to bed and am not to be disturbed."

"At least let one of us go with you."

"No. I'll winnow straight to him. I'll be fine." Before Nesta can argue anymore I winnow out.

Rhys pov

Suddenly I'm on the ground. Feyre is standing in front of me, scowling.

"Don't you ever do that again! You scared me."

"I'm sorry darling. I-I don't know why I did that. Forgive me?"

"Of course I forgive you. Do you want to talk about it?"

"Let's get you home first. It's cold."

I stand up and grab her hand winnowing us back to the house.

"WHAT THE HELL FEYRE!?" Amren shouts as soon as we arrive back at the house.

"Nice to see you too Amren." She replies

"I TOLD YOU WE WOULD FIND HIM! I TOLD YOU TO STAY HERE!"

"I don't have to listen to you Amren, you know I hate to pull rank, but I do outrank you."

"I KNOW THAT BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN YOU IGNORE ME WHEN I TELL YOU TO DO SOMETHING FOR YOUR OWN GOOD!"

"Wow. You're even more angry than Rhys was when I snook off to meet the Suriel in the middle of a battle."

"He knew you would be FINE! You didn't look like you had been punched in the face by death when you snook off then!"

"Actually I did not know she would be fine. I was very worried about her and was just glad she got back safe." I try to interject.

"SHUT UP!" Amren turns her attention to me now. "AND YOU WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING SCARING FEYRE, SCARING ALL OF US LIKE THAT!?! YOU CAN'T JUST LEAVE WHENEVER YOU FEEL LIKE IT RHYSAND!! YOU'RE GOING TO BE A FATHER SOON! WHAT WOULD YOUR MOTHER SAY ABOUT ALL OF THIS!?"

Amren knows she's hit a nerve, but that was her intention. She was worried about her family, she may be older than all of us but that doesn't mean she can't get scared.

"Hey Amren how did you get back before us anyway? I was gone for like 2 minutes." Feyre says.

"Varian came back here after checking the town house to find your sisters arguing about wether or not they should go after you and came to tell me what happened."

Varian waves awkwardly from his spot on the couch. I chuckle a bit before turning back to Feyre. "What's this Amren says about you looking like you've been punched by death?"

"I-" she tries to say before Amren interupts again

"She was terrified and tired and looked like death punched her in the face which is why I told her to stay here."

"I can speak for myself Amren."

Suddenly Mor and Azriel appear in the door. "I couldn't find hi-" they both say before quickly realizing I'm standing right in front of them.

"So Amren went to the house of wind, Varian went to the town house, and where did you send these 2?"

"Mor went to make sure you weren't gonna kill anyone and Az went to the cabin." Feyre replies.

"And Cass?"

"Illyrian camps. He probably won't be back for a few hours."

"We could just go get him."

"Nah. He's gonna be pissed in the morning but it'll be funny."

"Remind me again why I put up with you."

"Because you love me. And the Cauldron thought we'd be a powerful couple."

"Ah yes. The Cauldron."

Feyre rolls her eyes at me before heading upstairs.

"Where are you going? I wasn't done yelling at you yet!" Amren calls after her.

"I'm going back to bed before the sun comes up! I suggest you do the same. Yelling can wait." Feyre yells over her shoulder.

"Night guys."

"Night."

I follow Feyre up the stairs and into our room. "Ok. Spill. What's wrong?" She demands as soon as I close the door.

"I thought you wanted to go to bed."

"Nah I just told Amren that so she'd stop yelling."

"I love you"

"I love you too. Now tell me what's wrong."

"I thought you wanted to do thought for a thought."

"We will, you go first."

"I'm scared. Scared I'm gonna be like my father was. Scared I'm gonna hurt our child. Scared I'll hurt you."

"Rhys, you are nothing like your father. I know that doesn't mean as much coming from me as it would coming from Cass, or Az, or Mor, or Amren cause they actually knew him, but I do know that you are going to be an  amazing father. You could never hurt me or our child. I love you."

"I love you too. Now, you owe me a thought."

"I'm scared too. I can barely remember my mom. Cauldron knows she wasn't the best mother anyway. But I know there's nothing to be scared of as long as I have you, as long as we have each other."

"Good night darling."

She leans in to kiss me, this time I don't pull away. "Good night Rhys."

We curl up together on the bed. My wings creating a protective dome around us as we fall asleep.