Chapter 16

Feyre pov

I feel a slight pressure on my chest as I slowly rise to consciousness. Glancing down I see my mates head resting over my heart. Smiling, I press a kiss to the top of his head and ruffle his hair, waking him.

"Good morning darling. How are you feeling?" He asks, concern clear in his voice.

I roll my eyes "I'm fine Rhys. Come on we have a meeting today. Remember?"

"Can't we reschedule it? Say, nine months from now?"

"No, Rhys. We agreed all the High Lords, and Ladies, would meet twice a year to discuss any issues."

"But we don't have any issues to discuss."

"That may be true but the other courts may have some."

"Can't we just send the circle to speak for us?"

"No."

"Why not? They'd be coming anyway and it's not like they haven't been to hundreds of meetings like this."

"Because Rhys, if we don't show up the other courts will suspect something and we already don't have great relationships with some of them."

"This meeting is just a formality, I'm sure if we sent a letter the other courts would understand."

"We're going." I say, rising as a sudden wave of dizziness hits me.

I sit back on the bed and place my head in my hands, trying to force the dizziness to subside. Rhys is at my side in an instant, lifting my head to face him.

"You can barely stand, let alone sit through a meeting. We're staying. Varian can verify why we're absent if they don't believe the others."

"Fine. I'll stay, but you should go."

"I'm not leaving you here alone."

"I won't be alone. Nesta and Elain aren't going to the meeting, and even if they were Nuala and Cerridwen would still be here. Besides if you go you can keep me updated through the bond and I can still participate."

"No, Feyre you know how heated these meetings can get. I'm not going to add to your stress and go to this meeting. Your health is more important."

"He's right you know." Mor says from the door.

"How long have you been standing there?" I ask, turning to face her.

"Long enough. Cass told me what happened last night, I wanted to see how you were doing." She replies.

"I'm fine, honestly. Rhys is just being overly cautious."

"I'm not overly cautious, you collapsed last night and now you can barely stand. You are not going to the meeting, and I am staying to take care of you." Rhys cuts in.

"Oh no, Feyre's right too. The other courts, mostly autumn, will get suspicious if you're both missing from the meeting. You have to go Rhys. Feyre will be fine with her sisters."

"Thank you!" I exclaim.

"Fine. But you are not leaving this bed and you should try to avoid using your magic unless it's to contact me." Rhys says.

"Okay. Now go get ready, you're going to be late."

"I'm already ready." Rhys says, his formal clothes appearing on his body with a snap of his fingers.

"Then go. And Mor, please make sure he eats something."

"I will."

"Goodbye darling. I'll see you tonight" Rhys says, bending down to place a kiss on my forehead before he exits with Mor.

I nestle back into the bed and hear Rhys briefly recount the events of last night and this morning to my sisters before I drift back to sleep.

A/n I am soooooo sorry it took me this long to get this short lil' chapter out but I got busy with school and had like no inspiration or motivation to write. I'm going to try to get back into it during this quarantine, but in the meantime go follow my tiktok @ mediocremisfitcosplays! I have some SJM stuff up. Hopefully I'll have a longer chapter with the meeting and some Feysand fluff out soon! 😘💙💙