Chapter 24

Third person

"She should tell him." Amren says as she emerges from the river manor, Elain at her side.

"I know," Elain replies as the pair make their way through the city, "she will when she's ready. I only told you because we were hoping you could find a way to prevent it."

"Why would I be able to? We've never been able to stop one from coming true before."

"I know. But they've never been this specific. Or so far from the event."

"I guess I could check the library and consult some healers."

"She doesn't want anyone else to know. Says they'll feel obligated to tell Rhys and that'll only make him worry."

"He should be worried. I don't agree with keeping this from him, but I'll see what I can do."

"Thank you."

"Don't get your hopes up, Snapdragon. There might not be anything."

Elain nods and they continue on in silence, making their way to the gaurd's station at the base of The House of Wind. Amren nods at the male sitting outside and dissapears through the door. Elain waits outside, talking pleasantly with the gaurd and watching the children playing further up the street.

A few moments later Amren comes back outside, still talking with the captain. They shake hands and the captain goes back inside, motioning for the gaurd to follow. Elain and Amren begin the walk back to the river manor.

"I have to make a quick stop." Amren says, turning towards her apartment.

Elain merely nods and follows, amazed she had been able to form coherent thoughts long enough to converse with the gaurd after the conversation she had had with her companion earlier.

Upon entering her building Amren takes the stairs two at a time to her apartment. Elain follows more slowly, driven inside only by the desire for uninterrupted thoughts. By the time Elain reaches the top of the stairs, Amren had already disappeared into her appartment. Some clattering and cursing float out of the open door before Amren emerges, breathless and in her Illyirian leathers.

Elain lets out a small laugh, impressed by her friends speed. "Ready?" She asks.

Amren answers with a devillish smile, taking off down the stairs. Elain rolls her eyes and follows, putting all her concentration into not tripping as she runs. The pair race through the streets of Velaris, arriving at the river manor at the same time as Mor winnows from the Court of Nightmares. Mor smiles and extends her hands, ready to winnow to the Spring Court.

A/n I am sooo sorry it's been literal months since my last update. I was gonna write this in Amren's pov but then I decided this was better. I also got this idea at like 1 am the other night which was basically "what if Tamlin had just refused to seal off Under the Mountain? Like how would Feyre and Lucien's escape from the Spring Court have been different in that case?" so I wrote a one shot about it! ( it's like 8 or 9 pages long right now and will probably be closer to 11 or 12 by the time it's done) but I'd be happy to publish it once it's done and maybe do like a collection of SJM oneshots if that's something you wanna see. Thank you guys so much for reading and dealing with my erratic update 'schedule' Byyyyyeeee💙😘