Chapter 5

Feyre pov

I roll out of bed and Rhys grabs my hand "Where are you going?" He asks

"I have a class to teach. I gotta go."

"Are you sure that's a good idea?"

"Yes. Why wouldn't it be?"

"Is it ok for the baby to be around paint?"

"Yes. I asked Madja about it, she said it's fine."

"Can't you cancel and just stay here with me?"

"No, Rhys the kids look forward to the classes, and besides taking care of a room full of kids with paint will be great practice for when our child comes."

"Maybe I should come with you then."

"You have a mountain of paperwork to get through."

"That can wait. Right now you and our child are the most important things to me."

"Didn't you say something about having to make a formal announcement when I get pregnant?"

"Yes. But that should be done by both of us."

"Fine. You can come. But do not try to teach those kids how to paint. Your art is atrocious."

"HEY!"

"I love you."

"I know."

I roll my eyes at him and go over to the closet to get my clothes for the day.

~At the art studio, kids are arriving~

"Hi Feyre!" The kids exclaim excitedly as they go to get their supplies.

"Hi Lucille! Hi Braxton! Hi Anna! Hi Dustin!" I call each of the kids by name as they walk in.

"What's he doing here?" Lucille asks.

"He is being an overprotective, overgrown bat."

"HEY!" He says into my mind.

"I came to see you paint." He says to Lucille.

"Really!?" Lucille asks excitedly.

"Of course!"

Lucille runs over to the other kids to tell them why Rhysand is here and one by one they come over to greet him.

The class goes by surprisingly well, no kids tried to make explosive paint bubbles, no one got into a fight over colours or brushes, they just painted, occasionally asking a neighbour if they could borrow a brush or colour.

Once the kids leave I turn to Rhys and say "Wow. That went surprisingly well. Maybe I should bring you along more often."

"Oh? What normally happens at these classes?"

"Explosive bubbles of paint, fights over colours and brushes."

I start going to clean up but Rhys just snaps his fingers and it's done.

"I could've done that."

"Yes. But you were going to use the much slower way, when I can just snap my fingers and go home."

"Let's go."

When we arrive Cassian is leaning against the door.

"Hey Cass."

"Amren tells me you found Rhys within 2 minutes and left me to fly from camp to camp looking for him because you thought it would be funny."

"Ya. Amren ruined it by telling you though."

Cassian scoops me up into a hug and spins me around, I scream playfully, Rhys growls. Cassian puts me down and says "That's one protective papa you got there."

I roll my eyes, pushing past him to get into the house. The 2 Illyrians follow me into the house and to the sitting room where the rest of our family is waiting.

"Can I get back to yelling at you now?" Amren asks

I glance at the clock "Can't it wait till after lunch?"

"Fine."

We walk into the dining room for a simple lunch and before Amren gets a chance to start yelling again Rhys pushes me towards his office shouting something about planning a formal announcement over his shoulder.

"Thank you."

"That's my job darling. Besides Amrens not the one that should be mad."

"Oh?"

"If you really looked as bad as Amren says why didn't you have one of the others come get me?"

"Because I thought you wouldn't come if one of them went."

"If they told me how bad you looked and felt I would have."

"Just because I'm pregnant doesn't mean I can't do the things I've always done." As I say that a sudden wave of nausea hits me and I throw up into a near by plant.

"Are you ok?"

"Yeah. I'm fine. Just a little dizzy."

"Do you need anything?" Rhys asks as he guides me into his office and helps me into a chair.

"Just a glass of water please."

He snaps his fingers and a glass of water appears on the desk in front of me.

"Do you want to go upstairs and rest? This can wait."

"No. I'm fine. Let's get this done."

"Ok. Now this doesn't really require much planning. All we really need to do is set a time and date when the most amount of people can be there. We'll have to do one in Velaris and one in the court of nightmares. If you want we can also do one in each of the Illyrian camps but I would prefer to keep you as far from those places as possible until the baby comes."

"We can let the Illyrians figure it out through the rumor mill or whatever else you have planned."

"Ok. Now a time and date. We can do it as early as today or as late as next month. But no later than that."

"Sometime next week. We don't have very many meetings before than and we should announce it to our court before it starts spreading throughout Prythian."

"How about mid week next week? We have a meeting with the other high lords the next day and that way our court will be the first to know quickly followed by the other high lords."

"Sounds good. Is that really all we have to do?"

"Ya. Just gotta tell everyone what's going on. We'll tell Velaris first and while I would prefer you stay here while I make the announcement to the court of nightmares, or not make the announcement at all I know you won't agree with that so I'll write to Keir and tell him to be ready for our arrival."

"You're right I don't agree with you making the announcement alone or not at all. While I hate going to the court of nightmares they'll just think I'm scared and weak if I'm not there and if neither of us go they'll think that of both of us."

"Ok. We go. We listen to whatever complaints Keir has for us, we make the announcement and leave at the first sign of trouble."

"Of course."

"Now. I can handle your work for the rest of the day. Go rest."

I leave Rhys' office and start walking toward my painting room when his voice fills my head "I told you to rest. Painting isn't resting."

"Prick"

"I'm only doing this because I love you."

I roll my eyes and change direction to head up to my room.